Charging the Maxx

cece5702

Reaction score
I just got it this evening! Should I charge it fully tonight or let the battery drain?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

DocsDad

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about fully draining it. Use it til you sleep and throw it on the charger.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I agree this idea of fully discharging and then charging us pretty much a urban myth, but it does no harm, so if it makes you feel better go for it.

What harms these batteries is overcharging and heat. You possibly can't overcharge it but over heating is real. I left a phone on a car's dash once and it was never the same.

Sent my new Droid Razr Maxx

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I agree this idea of fully discharging and then charging us pretty much a urban myth, but it does no harm, so if it makes you feel better go for it.

What harms these batteries is overcharging and heat. You possibly can't overcharge it but over heating is real. I left a phone on a car's dash once and it was never the same.

Sent my new Droid Razr Maxx

No harm if done infrequently, but studies have shown if done on a regular basis on LIPO batteries, upwards of 15% reduction in battery capacity over normal trend in a year. Not a huge loss but a loss just the same

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

db4

Reaction score
Isn't that a bit more significant being you cannot replace the battery....the 15%

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Isn't that a bit more significant being you cannot replace the battery....the 15%

Agreed, but you know somebody is thinking it's no big deal so I added that small disclaimer.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums