Charging port

krichmond0306

Reaction score
I have, like most, been customizing my phone a little everyday since I got it rooted. And of course the charging port is loose, annoying when trying to charge it. I called Verizon and they will only replace the phone. I have hundreds of hours getting it to where I want it, the prospect of replacing it is scary. Is there a fix anyone knows of?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

rustymcbain

Reaction score
I am in the same boat. I have to hold it still as I lay the phone done to ensure it does charge. Even in the dock I have to jiggle it to make the icon pop up.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

CursedArmand

Reaction score
I have, like most, been customizing my phone a little everyday since I got it rooted. And of course the charging port is loose, annoying when trying to charge it. I called Verizon and they will only replace the phone. I have hundreds of hours getting it to where I want it, the prospect of replacing it is scary. Is there a fix anyone knows of?

Well, take notes on what you did to customize your settings. I'd even say take screenshots using Android SDK on your PC. Then once you actually have to make the switch over, hit the Android Market using your PC (http://market.android.com). If you log in, you can re-download all the apps by picking and choosing them from the "My Market Account" list. That should make the transition a little easier.

Sorry for your loss.

OP
K

krichmond0306

Reaction score
The other worry is the screens I was a lucky one group get one of the first Inc. Meaning the AMOLED screen.
However after some thought I may try to negotiate a trade for the Thunderbolt.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

estafusisx

Reaction score
This problem just started for me last night! Are they still handing out refurb D1's? The only 2 phones i would take are TB and D1. What are the chances of getting the TB do u think?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The charge port is loose. There is nothing that can be done aside from soldering a new charge port to the mainboard.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've read a couple of threads about people either bending the micro-usb port housing on the phone or the one on the end of the charging usb cable. You either crimp the housing inward or spread it outward as needed.

I've never done it, but people have reported success with this. It seems at this point you have nothing to loose.

Good luck.