Charger port?

geezelouise

Reaction score
Helloooo... Okay so. I dropped my phone a couple weeks ago and the screen shattered. I was devastated, as I am unemployed and do not have the $90 verizon is now charging for the insurance deductible (which is bs... ive never had to use that insurance before in my entire 8 years with cell phones and the one time i actually need it is a couple months after they jack up the price?!). I heard from a friend that you could replace the screen. After some research i was able to buy a new digitizer screen and replace it all on my own... and man was I proud of myself. Now I have my beautiful like-new incredible and... it wont charge. I took it in to verizon and they said the warranty is void because I am missing the camera lens. He didn't mention the fact that I had opened the phone, which I wasnt aware voided the warranty until reading around this site. My charging port has always caused issues and i had to hold my charger in my phone or rig it up somehow to make it stay and charge. Now it just doesnt work at all. When i had the back off, the (sorry for the lack of technical terms. I'm a girl and new to all this stuff!) part that you plug the charger into was loose from the board. I popped it back on there and it continued to come loose several times. I finally got it to stay in where the prongs went but my phone will not charge no matter what.

So I guess what I'm asking is.... is it worth it to try to replace the camera lens and send it back for the warranty or is there a way i can fix the charger port. I really cant afford the insurance at this point. I know there is a void sticker that was supposed to be on one of the screws but maybe that can be replaced as well? I should have just had them replace it the first time i noticed the loose charger port. Please help! Im stuck with my old blackberry pearl now... I used to think that phone was awesome and now it just seems so slow! I miss my droid!!! :( :reddroid::icon_ cry:

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would try and fix the camera for the cheapest solution. Then go to a store and see if they won't notice.

You could buy an inductive charging mat and battery door, but that would be around $40+.

Good luck.

random rom'd X

OP
geezelouise

geezelouise

Reaction score
thats what the guy at verizon suggested too but I thought that would be too expensive. Thing is, if i replace the lens and they notice ive taken apart the phone they'll bill me for $400. I'd have to find a tiny litttle sticker for that screw in the back.