Battery stops charging

Mr.Allthat

Reaction score
Ok I just got a replacement incredible from Verizon. A refurbished model of course. I am now having a issue where the phone will charge to 100 percent and then stop charging. It won't keep the battery topped off. I have battery snap and you can see on on the graph that the battery voltage starts dropping after hitting full. The other night I charged it to full by about 8pm. Afterwards you can see the battery voltage drop from just over 4.2 volts to 3.88 or so by morning. Of course the percent continues to say 100 the whole time. Once I unplug it it will drop to the real percentage (55-70). I am thinking the charge circuit is defective. Anyone else ever experience this?
Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

hoppyjr

Reaction score
Actually, this is a known HTC issue. I can't call it a problem, as it appears HTC knows of it and does not intend to "fix" it, but I find it disappointing. The "solution" to the issue is what many refer to as "bump charging". If you search that term, you'll find many threads.

Basically, charge until green light comes on, unplug, turn off, plug in - rinse & repeat until it turns green when you plug it back in, that indicates a full charge.

Some folks advocate having a spare battery and wall charger (battery only charger) to keep a spare always topped off. It appears the battery only charger will charge the battery fully.

Good luck.

OP
M

Mr.Allthat

Reaction score
Is that what the issue is? I thought the known issue was that the phone would stop charging around 80 percent true capacity and show 100. My issue is that the phone will start discharging the battery. If I were to pull it at the minute it hit 100 percent charge it would be fine. However as it sits on the charger at 100 percent you can watch the voltage slowly charge as if it weren't even plugged in. I would bet if I left it like that for long enough it would die.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk