Charging port issue

JScharf92

Reaction score
So for the past few days I have had an issue with my charging port. It has to be an issue with the actual phone since i have tried to charge my phone with a friends charger and i had the same issue. He also tried my charger and had no issues so im assuming that its my phone

To be more specific, when I plug the charger in it will flicker between charging and not charging usually a few times and decide to settle at not charging. last night I wrapped the wire around the phone so that the charger would stay in place and it charged but should I really have to do that. Granted the phone is over a year old (I got it the day it came out) but still this has never happened to me before with any phone.

What is the best course of action to take with this? If it adds anything I do have the insurance on the phone

Thanks for your help

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
It sounds like what happened to my Droid 1. It would do as you described until eventually it wouldn't charge at all. It ended up that my usb port was shot. I would take it in to vzw.

Unfortunately mine was rooted and I could not perform the necessary tasks to unroot it and take it back.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

cw801971

Reaction score
Are you using the usb cable that came with the phone? Try plugging it into your pc and see if it charges. I have an issue with my wall plug chargers. 3 moto's that will not work at all with my x but will charge my ear piece. That is using the same cable wiggling the cable would charge at times but no guarantee. My x is very picky about chargers.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
JScharf92

JScharf92

Reaction score
They sent me a new phone =]

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Uncle Chan

Reaction score
Are you using the usb cable that came with the phone? Try plugging it into your pc and see if it charges. I have an issue with my wall plug chargers. 3 moto's that will not work at all with my x but will charge my ear piece. That is using the same cable wiggling the cable would charge at times but no guarantee. My x is very picky about chargers.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Same problem. Thought it was the phone. It was the wall mount charger.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

summit21

Reaction score
I am having the same issue with my Incr 2 phone. The USB charging port on it appears to be loose. It will go between charging and not charging. I have to get the port/cable just right to keep it charging. Going to Verizon to day to see what they will do. I got my phone in June, it is still stock.