Droid X Charging issue

ArcherXring

Reaction score
For some reason, when I plug my charger into the phone, it doesn't always charge. The phone does recognize that something is plugged in but doesn't always charge (no indication of it charging {no lightning bolt on the battery indicator).It's been suggest that it might be a baterry issue. I've had the phone for a little over 1 year with the same OEM battery.If I buy a new battery, what battery should I get? same OEM battery, extended OEM or go with an aftermarket for either?Thanks in advance for your helpArcher

Savagerun

Reaction score
Have you tried using a different charger? I had pretty much the issue your experiencing and it was just a bad charger. Grabbed another one and it worked fine.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
A

ArcherXring

Reaction score
Yep, tried 2 other working wall chargers and one car charger with the same results.Sometimes it works fine and other times I have to keep plugging and unplugging it and maybe it will start charging.again, it does recognize that something is plugged in but doesn't charge.Archer

Savagerun

Reaction score
It's possible it's a hardware issue also. If you know someone else with Droidx or X2 you can try switching batteries or take it to a Verizon store and use one of their batteries and see if it charges. If it also happens with a different battery then you know it's not the battery.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums