Issues charging with the car charger

veggiop

Reaction score
Hello all,

I recently bought the Motorola Car Docking station for my Droid X. When I plug it in to the station the car docking interface comes up fine, but it won't charge correctly. For a moment the battery starts to charge and I get the lightning bolt in the battery, then after about 30 seconds it stops charging and I get the caption to unplug the charger to conserve energy. If I leave it on the charger it tends to blink in and out flashing the message to unplug the charger to save energy. I do not think it is the charger because my wife has the same phone and it does not do this when connected to the charger.

Also, when I power down my phone and try to charge it I get what I think is the bbotloader screen. Can these phones be charged while powered down? I did do a search before posting and was surprised that I did not see this problem posted before (maybe I searched under the wrong terms). Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

tjm999

Reaction score
I can't help but I also have a Motorola car dock with similar issues. I does not always charge when docked. It goes into dock mode but also goes in and out of charge, I also get the unplug message. Connection are powered and appear to be fine.