Car Charging Issues

kwod8832

Reaction score
Ok so here is the deal. I place my DX into the Motorola car dock, activate navigation and Pandora. Then I plug in the charger (cigarette lighter) to keep a full charge. After a couple of hours I notice that the battery is not 100% anymore. It seems that the charger cannot keep up with the output. Also when I mount it in my car the battery is fully charged.

Anyone else have this problem?

PS. I drove for 8 hrs the other day doing the above stated and my battery was @ 40% when I got home.

Guitar4Him

Reaction score
I noticed this behavior with the stock Motorola car charger. Recently, I got a Griffin Powerjolt Universal charger from Best Buy. It's capable of providing up to 1 Amp of charging current. I no longer see the charger not capable of keeping up with the demands of the Droid X when in the car. Here's a link for the charger at Best Buy....

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...p=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, some chargers (many USB and cheap car chargers) will not keep pace with battery use. It's just the nature of the beast, get a charger with a better current rating.

My AC inverter, combined with the stock AC charger, keep my phone at 100% power while I use Google Nav and play music.

zonaRSX

Reaction score
Yeah I have the same problems... But I've also heard that it can be bad to use car chargers not specifically made for your phone... I also read on the forums that people were actually experiences phone issues after using aftermarket car chargers...? But it is true that the verizon droid x car charger sucks balls.