Charge or Razr Maxx?

leland_7

Reaction score
I currently have a stock Charge with extended battery. The battery life is still horrid and the performance is sluggish at best.

If I understand correctly, it can be rooted which would likely help out.

However, I have always had my eye on the new Razr line.

I'm hoping for some direct feedback on whether sticking with the Charge and modding it would be best or, if the Charge would still be too far behind and I should pursue a Razr and mod from that platform.

Been meaning to ask about this for the longest now so any advice would be greatly welcomed.

Thank you.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The Charge was one of the first 4g devices released and, to be honest, there have been significant upgrades since. The Maxx is in a whole different ball park in comparing the two phones and it is a much more refined phone. That's my opinion on comparing the two at least.

However, if you are perfectly happy with your Charge, then by all means stick with it. Rooting and ROMs can certainly help out in performance, but even then it probably wouldn't equal to that of the Razr Maxx, and especially in terms of battery life. The generation gap between the two devices is too much to have any fair comparison other than their LTE speeds, imo.

OP
leland_7

leland_7

Reaction score
Sweet. Thank you for taking the time to post.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
No problem, it's what I'm here for. Good luck with your decision. And if you do decide to go with the Maxx I hope you enjoy it, and take a look at FoxKat's thread if you want the leak, it's very helpful.