Worth it to upgrade: Razr --> Razr Maxx?

BravoKilo

Reaction score
Simple question, but need some help deciding...

Found a used Razr Maxx (XT912M) available online for $100 and have been contemplating replacing my original Droid Razr but can't decide if it's worth it or not. My original Razr is ~2 years old, has been dropped in my dog's water dish, and pretty much has been running sluggish for the last few months. Have been looking to upgrade eventually, but don't want to buy into another 2-year contract if I don't have to.

A stupid question, but the only difference between the original Razr line and the new Maxx is just the extended battery life, correct? Any other reason(s) to get the Maxx now or hold off until something else comes along? FWIW, I do a bit of hunting/hiking and oftentimes like to track my routes (with MyTracks) so the extended battery life would come into play on occasion.

Thanks!

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
That 2 year old battery isn't worth $100. Wait till droid maxx drops in price.

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also depend on your data plan.... Yes, the DROID Maxx will drop in price if you buy it from Verizon on contract. Unless you find it elsewhere and pay outright.

I have the RAZR Maxx. If it broke now (I have insurance, but I think deductible is higher than $100....) I would take the deal you found... Provided you know it is in working condition, etc....

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2