Changing droid hardware.

gjclark

Reaction score
I currently have a motorola devour. I hate the camera, but everything else about how the actual case of the phone i love. Im looking to see if anyone out there has ever upgraded the hardware on the phone. I know about rooting but i want something more. Hoping i can put a snapdragon in the devour or wait till something better comes out. Along with changing the camera. The phones seem to becoming like computers now so why cant I upgrade the hardware like my computer.

Reaction score
Im not saying it cant be done but no one short of a manufacturer could do it. Phones are not like pc's their parts are not all interchangeable and its not gona happen.

Craiger22

Reaction score
As far as physically swapping it,i don't see an issue. imo the problem arises with the programing and getting it to function.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

demon69120

Reaction score
Kidding me? The parts will all be PART of the motherboard. Underscoring something is a task that takes SKILL. You'll need Motorola to completely re-manufacture a devour with these parts, man. This response is assuming that this poster isn't just trolling (sure seems like a joke). If so, yeah, sure, they can be swapped.

J

Johnly

Don't put a snap dragon in there! That thing will over heat at 200MHz overclocking. Put an 750MHz Texas OMAP in there and clock that baby t0 1.5 ghz. The omap can take it, qualcomm will burn under mild over clocking....

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to say it's outside the realm of possibility, but it's most definitely outside the realm of feasibility....

As it was stated before, the hardware of the phone is all embedded and built to a specific form factor.

I guess if you were committed, you could get a hold of the specs and have the Incredible's guts remanufactured and reprogrammed to work with the Devour screen and keyboard, but it would easily cost you more than you're worth...

Taegost

Reaction score
You could always do what the Honda guys do and put a set of GT-R badges on your phone... It should add about 100hp if done right...

My Droid Does Tapatalk...