Changing calendar color

T_D_N_P

Reaction score
Phone = Samsung Fascinate

I've searched the forums and haven't found what I'm looking for. This is a two-part question.

1: Can you delete "My Calendar"? My phone is synced to an Exchange Server and Gmail and I would like to remove the local calendar entirely.

2: Can the colors for the different calendars be changed? That purple is pretty hard to read through.

If not, why? Those seem like pretty normal things to want to customize and I can't seem to find a way to do it. I'll also ask one more while I'm here...Anyone try Touchdown Calendar. It has Exchange support and I'm curious if it's worth it to try.

lzamzok

Reaction score

I've searched the forums and haven't found what I'm looking for. This is a two-part question.

1: Can you delete "My Calendar"? My phone is synced to an Exchange Server and Gmail and I would like to remove the local calendar entirely.

2: Can the colors for the different calendars be changed? That purple is pretty hard to read through.

If not, why? Those seem like pretty normal things to want to customize and I can't seem to find a way to do it. I'll also ask one more while I'm here...Anyone try Touchdown Calendar. It has Exchange support and I'm curious if it's worth it to try.

We are having this exact same issue with our phone. Exchange calendar is set as default, but still entries go to the phone first; the Exchange account has to be selected. We'd also like to be able to change the purple color, as it is very unreadable. Please advise, thanks.

lzamzok

Reaction score
After some fiddling, we discovered that categorized appointments show up in gray, uncategorized ones show up as the magenta/purple color. I've set all my appointments to categories because the gray is far more readable. It still seems odd that the phone doesn't have any inherent features that enable changing the Exchange calendar color. Still looking for a way to change or remove the default/local calendar issue, too.

Last edited:

ruddyone

Reaction score

Log into your google calendar through your computer. http://www.calendar.google.com

On the left hand side you should see an option to change the calendar color. Whatever you set on the computer will set your phone.

Sometimes it takes a little time to send it down to your phone. I'm guessing this is somehow related to how often your phone polls for changes but it will change the color eventually.

Otherwise, if you go into the Calendar Sync settings on your phone, click on your calendar and then select the menu and then select Sync, it will change the colors.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,

Nate

Last edited:

lzamzok

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately it does not apply. We are discussing the Exchange calendar, which does not sync with or have anything to do with the gmail calendar.

Last edited:

tom0100

Reaction score
Changing Calendar Color on Android Calendar (or Samsung)

I don't think you can delete My Calendar but it's easy to ''hide".

The color is pretty easy:
The calendar and task color in the synced google calendar are controlled by the online google account. Log in to your google account on a computer. Go into the Calendar (online) and change the colors there. You can pick any colors on that Gmail calendar.

If you need to change a color of a non gmail calendar--download the ' Set Calendar color' app from play store.:D