Casio G'zOne C811 Passes Through FCC; Likely a Variant of the Commando Type-L

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
gzone-811.jpg

Not very many people need the special functionality of a truly rugged device like the Casio G'zOne Commando series, but those who do might be happy to know that Casio developed a new version in the series. A device calle the Casio G'zOne C811 just passed through the FCC, and it appears to be a variant of the Commando Type-L from last year. Not too much is known about this device except that it has LTE, NFC and international GSM capabilities. Still, the fact that this might effectively be a Commando 2 is probably call for many folks to rejoice, especially considering it now includes LTE.

Sound off if your work and/or play life makes a phone like this a wise investment, and let us know what you think.

Thanks for the tip, D_B!

Source: FCC

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
Kool looks like PTT is coming back lol, the user manual for it also confirms the PTT button on the side. Would like to see how the PTT over 4G LTE is :)

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This phone looks tough enough that it should have been the Droid Commando, maybe the next gen will be :)

D_B

Reaction score
I have the Commando , I like it's rugged good looks and racing stripe .. and as it's my first smart phone, I dont notice any performance issues with it's (way) outdated processor (and I got it used and only to use as a rugged GPS , Stargazing, Outdoor app, carrier ... It's not even activated :blink: ... I have a razr for my phone
... no, not that one ........ a RAZR V3c :blink: :blink: :blink: yeah, I know, I know :)

Sure wish the new one had the symmetry of the Type L .. dont like it as much, but I'll have to see it in person make a real judgment

I'm interested also because my girlfriend could use a waterproof phone .. her 3 last phones gone by way of water ... she's currently using an old Palm Treo :doh:
Dual Core 1.5GHZ
16GB Internal Memory
1GB RAM
Up to 64GB SD Card
1800MAH Battery
480X800 TFT LCD 4 Inch Screen

EDIT: A 6/6 release date doesn't look likely now
Casio & Verizon have really managed this pretty badly and have blown a good opportunity to get this out there while other options for a waterproof smart phone did not exist
Now ... other manufacturers are offering up more and more waterproof and ruggedized smart phones ... Casio's phone is no longer so unique.

Last edited: