Leaked Press Pic of Casio Commando 4G LTE Shows Up Online

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Casio-Commando-new-1.jpg

A leaked press pic of the next-gen Verizon Casio Commando ruggedized Android smartphone just appeared online today. A couple of months ago we shared that it had passed through the FCC. Sadly, despite the pic, the ruggedized capabilities and the 4G LTE, we still don't know anymore details about specs than what has been reported previously.

With the FCC testing done and this leaked press pic, we suspect the device will be hitting the streets sometime soon. We will keep you guys informed as soon as we know something concrete.

Source: UnWiredView

D_B

Reaction score
Too bad they're running out of time to release it before other, better spec'd, but maybe not as rugged , water proof smartphones come out

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
At least it's a stylish rugged phone - so many rugged phones of the past looked less than aesthetically pleasing.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I usually don't care much for aesthetics, but this is honestly the first time I have said "that is one ugly phone"

D_B

Reaction score
I wish they had kept the symmetry of the Type L

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I usually don't care much for aesthetics, but this is honestly the first time I have said "that is one ugly phone"
I heard from a friend's cousin's brother that Casio wanted a throw-back, kinda retro look -- and after several design cycles (the inspiration for the first model was their huge hit, the "Digital Calculator Watch"), they ultimately went with the "80's Radar Detector" look. Somehow I think they managed to squeeze in a little bit of "Telly Savalas ("Who loves ya, baby?") meets Night Rider" too.

"Ugly" is far, far, too kind a word for that...thing.

-Matt

Reaction score
If the phone does come out to VZ I know a few customers will be pleased up here. There are so many construction workers, farmers...that liked the Commando a lot. My hopes aren't super high on it because it's still in the rumor mill, but it would be nice.

D_B

Reaction score
Casio® Commando 4G LTE Accessories (EDIT: LOL Verizon removed the listing for the Commando 4G LTE)

It looks like Verizon finally has it listed
... I hear June 27 and a price of $199

Last edited:

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
great phone for outdoors people! my father in law would love this as he's an avid fisherman and soaks his phones left and right.

D_B

Reaction score
strange ... has anyone seen ANY reviews ?

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
i've only seen a dummy model in the store. i've used the older version of the phone for a while and it's a pos.

D_B

Reaction score
I tried it out in the store, fast and responsive (I have a C771) the screen is slightly taller, and the asymmetrical shape is not as noticeable/unpleasing as I thought it would be .. the rubber (?) coating on the back/sides is a bit slippery

... wonder why I have not seen any reviews other than by purchasers