Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I found a metal case on amazon that has a latch in order for it to open. It looks really good actually. heres the link Amazon.com: Motorola Droid Armor Case - The Metal Case (Black): Cell Phones & Service

I have that case in silver. Tried to use it twice. Lasted about 5 minutes each time.

It's a really nice case with a snug fit, but I couldn't push the p or q keys on the onscreen keyboard and I couldn't pull the notification bar down because of how close the case comes to the screen and how high it's kinda raised.

Just an FYI. I regret having spent money on that thing...It's just sitting in the box it was shipped in...

Last edited:

smiles0105

Reaction score
Thanks

I found a metal case on amazon that has a latch in order for it to open. It looks really good actually. heres the link Amazon.com: Motorola Droid Armor Case - The Metal Case (Black): Cell Phones & Service

I have that case in silver. Tried to use it twice. Lasted about 5 minutes each time.

It's a really nice case with a snug fit, but I could push the p or q keys on the onscreen keyboard and I couldn't pull the notification bar down because of how close the case comes to the screen and how high it's kinda raised.

Just an FYI. I regret having spent money on that thing...It's just sitting in the box it was shipped in...

Oh thanks for letting me know. I was thinking about getting that case but now im not

mitchb2

Reaction score
Argh...still no solution to this problem?
My Droid now slides apart just sitting in my pocket. And I've only slid the keyboard out maybe 5 times since I've had the phone. I imagine that people who actually use the silly thing must have an even looser Droid.

I still haven't seen a design we're looking for.

silentbob343

Reaction score
My Droid now slides apart just sitting in my pocket. And I've only slid the keyboard out maybe 5 times since I've had the phone. I imagine that people who actually use the silly thing must have an even looser Droid.

Yeah mine does the same when I take it out of the holster. I am actually thinking of selling the droid and moving to the incredible. It is a PITA to sell it off and I wish a simple $20-$30 case were available to solve this issue.

mitchb2

Reaction score
I wish the Droid had a little physical slide-lock that would lock the keyboard securely in place. I guess they didn't think it would become so loose.

naman919

Reaction score

Yeah mine does the same when I take it out of the holster. I am actually thinking of selling the droid and moving to the incredible. It is a PITA to sell it off and I wish a simple $20-$30 case were available to solve this issue.

To both, this is a physical defect. Your Droid is covered for a period of a year from purchase, against hardware defect. I've had mine since December with no issues at all.

Just do a nandroid backup and take the phone to the store. They'll swap it out. Unfortunately, it could be a refurb, but i've never had any issues with refurb hardware. Sometimes, I've lucked out and the refurb proved to be of greater manufacturing b/c of all the checks required.

JMHO. sorry to hear you're having problems.

Now back to my mythical search for a fully functional Sense ROM....<grabs sword and mounts steed>

silentbob343

Reaction score

To both, this is a physical defect. Your Droid is covered for a period of a year from purchase, against hardware defect. I've had mine since December with no issues at all.

Just do a nandroid backup and take the phone to the store. They'll swap it out. Unfortunately, it could be a refurb, but i've never had any issues with refurb hardware. Sometimes, I've lucked out and the refurb proved to be of greater manufacturing b/c of all the checks required.

JMHO. sorry to hear you're having problems.

Now back to my mythical search for a fully functional Sense ROM....<grabs sword and mounts steed>
GF just received her Droid this past week and it too has this "issue". Not going to play phone roulette and I've heard some stores kick back trading in for this "issue".