No sliding case?

$mitty

Reaction score
Is there a nice Droid case that will "lock" the slide feature? I'm thinking a single piece that would go around the entire phone, essentially keeping the screen from ever sliding open as long as the case is on it.

I never use the keyboard and the phone randomly slides open all the time in my pocket and for some reason the phone goes crazy when the screen is slid halfway open.

I thought I saw something in this section of the site a few weeks ago but now I can't find it. Thanks!

OP
$mitty

$mitty

Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing.

Hopefully someone can help us out! I literally never use the keyboard, so a case that locks the screen in place would be awsome. Plus, I would imagine it would be less bulky than a lot of the cases that are out there.

OP
$mitty

$mitty

Reaction score
I've been using the silicone gel cover (black one, not pink) that Verizon sells. I love the texture of it...it's both a hard and soft case in one. It's soft to the touch, but it's very sturdy and is reenforced with hard rubber/plastic in certain places and has saved my Droid from quite a few falls. I'd love to find something in that type of material that locks the screen in place. Of course I may be dreaming...or I may be on to something if no one else makes it...

Mohawk3

Reaction score
OP
$mitty

$mitty

Reaction score
There is this large thread in the forum about this subject where people discuss this topic and options:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-accessories/9900-case-no-slide-out-keyboard-feature.html

Seidio is supposed to come out with a rugged case for the Droid that will have the option of preventing the keyboard from coming open. There is also a thread on that case in the forum too, but Seidio still needs about two weeks before they release the case.

Awesome, thanks! That's the thread I was looking for!

MrSHFTY

Reaction score
theres also a carbon fiber case being developed by carboncase in the supporting vendor section

OP
$mitty

$mitty

Reaction score
theres also a carbon fiber case being developed by carboncase in the supporting vendor section

I actually spent about 2 hours today reading the original thread that started that project, as well as the current thread. I couldn't stop b/c it was some of the more entertaining message board drama that I've come across! Hopefully they get it all worked out, but I'm going to stay away from there for now! :)

In the meantime, I'll look for a simpler, less carbon fiber, case that locks my Droid's screen in place. Hopefully someone ends up making a good one!