Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
urban-armor-gear-s4-df1.png

There are tons of Galaxy S4 Cases out there and it seems like everyone is looking for the perfect one. A case that mixes their personal style that provides decent protection and won't break the bank. Some people like aluminum, others like slim fitting TPU cases and others love real bulky cases like an Otterbox Defender. Well, look no further. Urban Armor Gear, a company based here in California has got the perfect case that provides good protection, stylish looks and the slimness that most are looking for. UAG has been making cases since the iPhone 4S.

Let's start with the review shall we? Inside the packaging you’ll find a crystal clear screen protector, instructions on how to install it, a microfiber cloth and of course the case.

urban-armor-gear-s4-df.png

Urban Armor Gear has 4 different colored cases for the Galaxy S4.

Aero - dark blue
Navigator - white
Outland - dark orange
Scout - Black

I purchased the white one off Amazon about a month ago and have stayed on my phone ever since. Even though I have 4 other cases (different brands). UAG was kind enough to send me two other colors though for me to review. (Outland & Scout)

urban-armor-gear-s4-df2.png

urban-armor-gear-s4-df3.png

urban-armor-gear-s4-df4.png

The design of each case has five mock screws which are hard rubber material with six veins coming out from a circle center which you'll see the UAG logo. Personally, I love the look of this case. The design is very appealing, rugged but still relatively minimal.

This is a single piece case but is built with two in-built layers. The outer hard armor shell and the internal impact-resistant soft core, which will protect your GS4 with ease. It cradles your Galaxy S4 in such a fashion that you do not feel any damage could be caused to it. The front lip of the case is suffiicient and will protect your screen in case you dropped it face down. The UAG case also features a bezel for the camera cutout to eliminate any washout from the flash in a picture. The home and volume buttons have a great tactile feel to them. The cutouts on the phone are perfect unlike some other cases that have too small of an opening. With the UAG case, you won't have any trouble using any 3rd party micro USB cable or headphones. UAG has really made a great product here.

urban-armor-gear-s4-df10.png

urban-armor-gear-s4-df8.png

urban-armor-gear-s4-df6.png

urban-armor-gear-s4-df9.png

This case feel great in hand, holding it feels grippy and nice. The case adds almost no bulk and still brings rugged protection. Urban Armor Gear proves that their case may best thin protective case out there. In short I’m a big fan of the UAG Galaxy S4 case. The case features a unique design, comes in four colors, and even includes a screen protector.

If you’re someone that requires a decent amount of protection for your Samsung Galaxy S4 but don’t feel like bulking it up with a super heavy protective case, this might be a good choice for you. The Urban Armor Gear Galaxy S4 case feels very protective yet slim at the same time. The MSRP on these cases is $34.95.

I give this case a score of 5 stars -

Be sure to check out the Urban Armor Gear Galaxy S4 and other phone cases at their website - www.UrbanArmorGear.com

Thanks again to Urban Armor Gear for sending out cases for us to review!

chubby22

Reaction score
Great review. I recently purchased the Scout. Must say, this is a good case. Very lightweight and fits the phone perfectly.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Droid Forums

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez

justreboot

Reaction score
I've had this case since day one (Aero/Blue). I also have 2 other cases. But this one is awesome, great feel and looks. I actually ordered the case the same day I pre-ordered the phone and they both arrived the same day. The only gripe (and it's not a biggie) is that dust tends to gather in the part where the case meets the phone. Then again, I'm not using the screen protector/ I like the glass feel personally. Regardless, I just peel the case off and clean once a week or so.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
urban-armor-gear-s4-df1.png

There are tons of Galaxy S4 Cases out there and it seems like everyone is looking for the perfect one. A case that mixes their personal style that provides decent protection and won't break the bank. Some people like aluminum, others like slim fitting TPU cases and others love real bulky cases like an Otterbox Defender. Well, look no further. Urban Armor Gear, a company based here in California has got the perfect case that provides good protection, stylish looks and the slimness that most are looking for. UAG has been making cases since the iPhone 4S.

Let's start with the review shall we? Inside the packaging you’ll find a crystal clear screen protector, instructions on how to install it, a microfiber cloth and of course the case.

urban-armor-gear-s4-df.png

Urban Armor Gear has 4 different colored cases for the Galaxy S4.

Aero - dark blue
Navigator - white
Outland - dark orange
Scout - Black

I purchased the white one off Amazon about a month ago and have stayed on my phone ever since. Even though I have 4 other cases (different brands). UAG was kind enough to send me two other colors though for me to review. (Outland & Scout)

urban-armor-gear-s4-df2.png

urban-armor-gear-s4-df3.png

urban-armor-gear-s4-df4.png

The design of each case has five mock screws which are hard rubber material with six veins coming out from a circle center which you'll see the UAG logo. Personally, I love the look of this case. The design is very appealing, rugged but still relatively minimal.

This is a single piece case but is built with two in-built layers. The outer hard armor shell and the internal impact-resistant soft core, which will protect your GS4 with ease. It cradles your Galaxy S4 in such a fashion that you do not feel any damage could be caused to it. The front lip of the case is suffiicient and will protect your screen in case you dropped it face down. The UAG case also features a bezel for the camera cutout to eliminate any washout from the flash in a picture. The home and volume buttons have a great tactile feel to them. The cutouts on the phone are perfect unlike some other cases that have too small of an opening. With the UAG case, you won't have any trouble using any 3rd party micro USB cable or headphones. UAG has really made a great product here.

urban-armor-gear-s4-df10.png

urban-armor-gear-s4-df8.png

urban-armor-gear-s4-df6.png

urban-armor-gear-s4-df9.png

This case feel great in hand, holding it feels grippy and nice. The case adds almost no bulk and still brings rugged protection. Urban Armor Gear proves that their case may best thin protective case out there. In short I’m a big fan of the UAG Galaxy S4 case. The case features a unique design, comes in four colors, and even includes a screen protector.

If you’re someone that requires a decent amount of protection for your Samsung Galaxy S4 but don’t feel like bulking it up with a super heavy protective case, this might be a good choice for you. The Urban Armor Gear Galaxy S4 case feels very protective yet slim at the same time. The MSRP on these cases is $34.95.

I give this case a score of 5 stars -

Be sure to check out the Urban Armor Gear Galaxy S4 and other phone cases at their website - www.UrbanArmorGear.com

Thanks again to Urban Armor Gear for sending out cases for us to review!

I was on the fence about picking one up for my n2. You sold me. And if I dont like it ill hunt you down. J/k but yeah ima check it out. good review

reybie

Reaction score
The back doesn't feel slippery to you? The one I got for our other phone feels like it can slip if you're not careful. I have a rinke slim case and it feels different, has some kind of grip feel to it.

THEPRFCT1

Reaction score
I absolutely love mine. No regrets, no problems.

★Sent from my Galaxy S4★

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I was on the fence about picking one up for my n2. You sold me. And if I dont like it ill hunt you down. J/k but yeah ima check it out. good review

Do it! You won't regret it. Check out Amazon, they should have them cheaper there.

The back doesn't feel slippery to you? The one I got for our other phone feels like it can slip if you're not careful. I have a rinke slim case and it feels different, has some kind of grip feel to it.

Not at all.

I absolutely love mine. No regrets, no problems.

★Sent from my Galaxy S4★

Awesome!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dear wicked,

I have now purchased this.

I love/hate you still.

guidot

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Do it! You won't regret it. Check out Amazon, they should have them cheaper there.

Not at all.

Awesome!

That's where ordered it from. So in the past 2 days I spent money on stuff outside the old budget. Chromecast yesterday uag case today. Ok I guess tomorrow will be the new day I live on a strict written budget.

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Dear wicked,

I have now purchased this.

I love/hate you still.

guidot

LOL! :haha:
That's where ordered it from. So in the past 2 days I spent money on stuff outside the old budget. Chromecast yesterday uag case today. Ok I guess tomorrow will be the new day I live on a strict written budget.
Both good buys!

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Here's a video review by our dear friend Shane!

[video=youtube;_n3rbd1jJmM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n3rbd1jJmM[/video]

jamjr74

Reaction score
I got mine from amazon for $2.95 with free shipping!!!!! Guess they made an error listing and it was supposed to be $29.95!!!! Lucky me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!