The Galaxy S8 Shatters When Dropped

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

In case you were wondering the Galaxy S8 does shatter when dropped. You can always rely on a few youtubers to test out the durability of new smartphones. TechRax and a few other channels have some how been able to get their hands on the devices weeks before release and have already managed to destroy their Galaxy S8s. In the two videos that I watched the Galaxy S8 actually survives a drop when landing on the side frame. It is only when the phone lands face first that we see the dreaded shattering. At any rate you will want to pick up a case for your Galaxy S8. My favorite cases have always been Urban Armor Gear.

kinfolk248

Reaction score
Why do we still do drop tests. It's a glass panel like the last 10 years of phones. It's gonna break at some point. Just try to minimize abuse, done over period. Next topic! Talk about something important please...

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
For the same reason people love to watch train/car wreck videos??

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
If you are going to do drop tests, set up a stupid rig so it drops consistently on the proper side. Also, my daughter dropped her iPhone from like 2 feet high and it shattered. These tests are so useless.

kinfolk248

Reaction score
If you are going to do drop tests, set up a stupid rig so it drops consistently on the proper side. Also, my daughter dropped her iPhone from like 2 feet high and it shattered. These tests are so useless.
Lol I dropped my watch about 5 inches to my phone in my lap and it cracked the glass protector. I know it's not the actual screen but still...

R

RETG

Wow, drop something with piece of glass and it could break. Need to put this on national news at 6.
These drop tests are a little ridiculous. Samdung zombies won't care if their phone shatters and iPhone zombies won't care if their phones shatters; they will remain true to the brand regardless.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Phones with glass screens break when you drop them? Who knew? I guess more folks should see this commercial (make sure the volume is up). :D

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
drop test videos (and I didn't click this one) are just about clicks and who can drop the phone from the most ridiculous heights. No one is going to click the video that shows a phone dropping from the table, or the lap of someone exiting their car, that's boring.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Phones with glass screens break when you drop them? Who knew? I guess more folks should see this commercial (make sure the volume is up). :D

I've not seen this commercial, it's awesome.

The screens on those phones are remarkable... hopefully moto keeps it up.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
There is a tradeoff to those unbreakable screens, they are very soft and don't take much to scratch them. Replacement screen protectors are $30.

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh well, I won't be buying an S8 I guess....

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Wifi Austin, did the s8 shatter... I thought the iPhone did but the s8 was fine.

Might want to fix the title

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
It did shatter. S8 screen spiderwebbed all over the screen but was difficult to see unless it was angled.