Car Vent Mounts??

pilot25

Reaction score
What brand of car vent mounts are you guys using?

I have the Arkon Garmin Nuvi Vent Mount and it has fallen out of the vent 3 times. Mounted in a Toyota 4-Runner and a Lexus LS400 Very unimpressed with it.

With the summer sun heating up the battery so much it won't take a charge a vent mount is necessary. Are there any solid ones??

pyro6128

Reaction score
I use a vent mount made by braketron. They sell them in radio shack, and I'm sure other places. It works great and has never fallen out once. In fact, there is no way it can fall out short of the vent itself breaking. I highly recommend it. Amazon has it too

Amazon.com: Bracketron PHV-200-BL Grip-iT Mobile Device Holder (Black): Automotive

Amazon.com: New Bracketron Grip-iT Mobile Device Holder Universal Car Mount for HTC Google Nexus One 1 Smartphone: Electronics

They both look to be the same mount

Reaction score
I use the same bracketron mount on short trips. If you vent rotates up and down it's a little harder to get it set right, but it works. And yeah it's virtually impossible for it to fall out. The grip-it attachment slides to allow access to all the functions you need.

OP
pilot25

pilot25

Reaction score
Tried the bracketron but the vent louvers in my cars are too deep. The Akron and Bracketron have the same length posts and they don't extend far enough to grab the back inside of the vent louvers. That is why they slip out of the vent.

So frustrating. I guess proclip is the only way to go but $60+ is a bit ridiculous.

right now I'm using the garmin bean bag friction mount with the A/C blasting on defog so it keeps the device from overheating in the sun allowing it to take a charge. However, it's a bit of a waste of gas.

Anyone else have any ideas I would appreciate it..

Last edited:

LassieGal

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I use a vent mount made by braketron. They sell them in radio shack, and I'm sure other places.

I want to thank you for this suggestion! I bought mine Sunday at Radio Shack. It holds the Droid very firmly. I rode home yesterday with my Sirius radio playing 40s music on one vent and my Droid giving me the traffic report sitting on the other. The app (US Traffic) alerted me to a traffic jam early enough that I was able to avoid it.

It's cheaper at Amazon, though.

I noticed there is also one which plugs directly into the power source.