Car mount option

Droid916

Reaction score
Guys....and gals,

Ive seen several threads on mounts for a vehicle...instead of posting in each one...I thought Id give my input on something that can be made for little money.

I came across some of these parts while searching for a way to mount my Garmin GPS to my motorcycle.

I will provide links at the end of this thread for people who may be interested...in no way am I selling for them or trying to solicitate sales.
Just wanted to provide an alternative. :)

First pic: I bought this item to mount in the car.
Second pic: After trimming this mount(Im gonna cut off the clips and epoxy to the back of the items in pic 3 and/or 4)
Third pic: Inexpensive universal cradle via eBay
Fourth pic: Inexpensive Droid cover(Im thinking of using the main cover part and epoxy it to pic 2)

I think the 3rd pic would be best used for an iPhone vs. the Droid.

Let me know what ya think.

IG-PSTARA: i.Trek Garmin Nuvi Sticky Mount - AMPS / Sticky Mount
Third Party Garmin Nuvi 200 Series Replacement Bracket (Fits 200, 200W, 250, 250W, 260, 260W, 270, 205, 205W, 255, 255W, 265T, 265WT, 275T) - Cup Holder Mount

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP - as a fellow motorcycle rider, I'm curious what your final mount was for the Garmin and are you going to attempt to use your Droid with it, and if so, how?

OP
Droid916

Droid916

Reaction score
I used the items in the first two pictures to mount my Garmin 205w onto my CBR1000RR.

Here is a link on how I mounted it to my bike:
Garmin GPS mount..... - Repsol Forum

The last pic is the mount that I placed inside my truck(wife's car has one mounted as well)...no more sharing the dumb windshield mount.

I was thinking of epoxy the item in pic 2 onto pic 4.
Im pretty sure the back cover is secure enough to hold the Droid.

Last edited: