Car Talk

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Sign me up, but as much as Carroll Shelby did in the past, he's a legend, I understand his, the MC's, frustration, he was a bit rude, with using the name so long after Carroll passing, it's definitely Marketing, unless there's another Shelby named Carroll working on the project.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I've been told there's still a Shelby facility in las Vegas that you can go and get customized Shelby mustangs and other Shelby's...idk for sure..

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I'm sure if you pay Ford enough, anyone can have a "Shelby" something.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Hertz gt350 rental cars.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Give me 10 minutes in that car...just 10.
This one too?
8d7bce67410f091fdbc4f6bc8080a667.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I've been quietly working with a dynontune company..we might finally be making a sema debut with our "plans" next year .i hope

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I don't have $250k for a sema car.

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Hoping some of you car/phone enthusiasts can help me out.
I am growing very frustrated with using my phone to actually take/make calls while driving....
For several years I've been struggling with trying to talk on my phone while driving my FJ Cruiser. It's a pretty noisy vehicle, so I get complaints from callers that there's too much noise, sound robotic, or I break up. My best option has always been a headset, but I am really trying to get away from having something plugged into my ear while driving. With the dash so far away from me, if I use my dash mount for my phone, I have a hard time projecting my voice so the caller can hear me. I purchased a Motorola Roadster Pro a while back. I love the sound quality for music and calls, but the callers complain, again, about not being able to understand what I'm saying. I alternate between clipping it to my front visor and side visor, but it doesn't help (I think it's too far up and away from me). I've tried sitting it on my dash, but that was really bad. Apparently the mic does better if it has something soft around it to buffer some of the cabin noise.
I'm really at a loss as to what to do. I've been reading FJ and Moto forums trying to find a solution. I'm even wondering if there's some sort of external mic I could hook up somehow -- someway. I really love being able to use my phone without an ear piece, but at a total loss as to what else I can do short of adding extra insulation to my truck -- which ain't gonna happen.
Thoughts? Suggestions? Anyone been there -- done that?