Car Talk

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
The Nissan Leaf huh? You told me that was your wife's car..... I shoulda known!

S5 tap'n
Or the Volt...
I do like the Tesla S though...

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I drive maybe 8k. If I try real hard.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I like to drive, thus I drive up north a couple times a year, plus for work.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm always driving..200 miles per day at least 3 times a week..to Houston and back..and then all the running I have to do (more around the holidays) every 5-6 weeks I'm getting an oil change and tire rotation..

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I'm always driving..200 miles per day at least 3 times a week..to Houston and back..and then all the running I have to do (more around the holidays) every 5-6 weeks I'm getting an oil change and tire rotation..
It's not cheap, at least my oil changes were free the first 3 and the interval is 10k, + I do my own as there is so little we can do on these new vehicles these days, gotta touch something... Miss my old Chevy...

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I did change my own..but there are days when I'm too busy with running to work, running to the studio, look down and another 4k has come and gone..so just go to my buddies shop..he's a really awesome guy..he has a go fund me for the poor folks who can't afford to get engines replaced or front end parts..and he will help them..he's kept folks in work and families in homes..so I use him at full price for everything.. He's a good mechanic and an honest man..it saves me from smelling like oil..had enough of that..but I agree..if not for these things..I'd do my own stuff..did my own shocks a few weeks ago..one of the things I like about trucks..I can get under em without having to Jack..but I have 3 4 ton low profile jacks from my lowered car days .

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I do most everything on my F350, with the exception of major engine work on the 7.3, at 175k it's just been a couple of starters, an alternator and a couple glow plugs.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm fixing to check my fuel pressure and start with my FPR.. Truck is feeling a tad sluggish..just replaced the fuel filter...so...ugh. Might need a new fuel pump..if so..I'll have Johnny do it..I don't want to yank the bed of the truck..he's all set up for it.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Oh my god.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Wow, is right! I want one! And they're right... those stupid alternate triptronic shift paddles is a useless gimmick and nothing like having the control of a real manual 5 speed transmission.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Wow, is right! I want one! And they're right... those stupid alternate triptronic shift paddles is a useless gimmick and nothing like having the control of a real manual 5 speed transmission.

6 speed.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
6 speed.

Or a 6 speed. Some day maybe I'll be able to afford a winter car and a summer car. When that day comes, I would love the idea that I could put myself in that driver's seat.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
My only thing..he put down the name of Carroll Shelby... Blasphemy.. Other than that. It'll be interesting to see how these engines hold up..because there are so many "awesome drivers" out there...that will bypass this rev limiter..and let's see the end result...it seems that the engine pulls really hard @8200..I kinda think it'll pull itself into a thrown rod..not saying that's a bad thing(pulling like that) I'm just thinking there will be a lot of em that get damaged by the people who can possibly afford to own a car they can't drive.

The heritage or the gt350 as I understand it..is it was a rental car..people would rent them and rod the piss out of em..obviously they were going for something a little similar.. But not the same..still ..I'm all for checking one out..