What cars have you owned?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I always like to read about people's experiences with cars. So, like the what do you drive thread, just post the car you had and why, and maybe pros/cons.

1982 Buick Skylark - Was my Grandma's car (obviously lol). Had a boombox with removable speakers, duct taped to the center hump in the front. Seats were more comfortable than most couches I've sat in. Wouldn't do a burnout (even with a neutral drop). Transmission died, although it chirped second during its demise (which was awesome).

1988 Mercury Tracer - More affectionately known as the Mazda 323, this car did 43 mpg when gas was $0.98 a gallon. I miss it a lot. 8 way adjustable MANUAL drivers seat, 5 speed, 1.6L 88hp I-4, ~2300lbs. Out of the cars I've owned this is #2 in the favorites list.

1996 Nissan 240SX - Beautiful car. Paid through the nose. Put ~140k miles on it in 6 years. Was my baby. Had I/H/E, and even after all of those miles, still pulled near 150hp at the wheels on a dyno before it was sold. Redlined every gear, every day, and it wanted more. Still got 30-32mpg on the highway too. Miss it everyday.

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit (Golf V) - Worst car purchase I ever made. Had no feel of the original Rabbit. Sloppy transmission, emissions friendly manual transmission (didn't not decrease revs for 10-15s after letting up). Should have spent the additional $3-5k for a GTI. Suspension was good, but front wheel drive was a big change for me after 6 years of RWD.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
1986 BMW 325e - was my grandpa's car til he passed away. My dad and I took it and wanted to restore it a bit, but never got around to it. Learned to drive in it, but it died right before my license test and we sold it.

2005 Honda Civic - Car I got my license in. Still have it and use it as my DD. Fun memories from HS with it.

2004 Honda s2000 - My attainable dream car:) Bought it used for a great price and I'm the second owner. Had it for 2.5yrs so far and still puts a grin on my face, so damn fun to drive:hail:

Last edited:

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score
2011 Ferrari something rather. It was too slow so I sold it and got the bionic

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jcwilliams

Reaction score
I own a lifted 99 ford ranger. Rebuilt the motor and tear it up here and there in the snow and mud. Lol

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
First car 74 mustangII V6 auto great bashing car.. (4speed pinto with 4banger would been better)

Second car 73 barracuda yellow wif black soft top. (a year too late as it only had 318 I built a 360ci and slapped in her)

The rest are not much to talk about except maybe the 71 dart that had a slant 6, it was a beater but tough...

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...

rbw62

Reaction score
What no Porches,Vetts, or exotic cars....

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

wildride89

Reaction score
Ohh ill play. Hmm... First was a 95 altima(definitely a good car), then a 85 Nissan hardbody pickup(was my dads), then a 95 camry best 1000 I spent, then a 2004 rsx (thought I would try another car), I bought a 2006 Tacoma (awesome truck still regret selling it), then came an 89 yj(childhood dream), sold my Tacoma and bought an 06 rubicon jeep, sold the yj and bought a 98 integra(which got totalled by some jackwagon), bought a 05 r6 raven right after the jeep, then sold the r6 and bought a gsxr later(which just sits because it's cold), ohh bought a 94 Nissan hardbody with insurance from the integra dilemma. Whew that is alot.

Hopefully I'm done for a while.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
2002 GMC Sierra 1500 Single Cab Short Bed. Has the upgraded interior. HID's, good sound system and more. It was my first truck and I'm gonna keep driving it through college. It only gets 14-15 MPG though and is interesting to drive in the rain since the rear end is so light.

0516101630.jpg

X

rivard04

Reaction score
2010 wrx rally blue premium addition and its a standard haha

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

IDroid4s

Reaction score
1996 nissan 240sx first car n loved it

2004 g35 sold it 2 years ago

and now rollin in a 2006 bmw 750li. love it!

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
First car....89 Mustang LX. Rolling hard in that beat up 4 banger...loved it.

Second car, very briefly drove my brothers 90 Ford Ranger...was a hand me down and in much better shape than the old stang.

Third....my absolute favorite car i've owned. 89 Mustang GT. She was light blue with the silver ground effects. Was a 5 speed, and I drove the daylights out of her. Drove from Sebring Fl to Frederickburg Va a couple times and all over FL as well. That thing was bullet proof.

Fourth...traded the GT for a 73 Mustang Grande. It had a straight piped 302 and was in almost perfect condition with only 74000 miles on it in 97. Really liked this one too. Drove wonderfully and sounded awesome. But being young I moved on...

Fifth...76 Corvette. I always wanted a vette and got a good deal on this one. Mechanically sound, but the interior needed some work. Sadly, I totaled her before I could get to restoring it.

Sixth...Saturn SL1. Ugh...commuter car. Hated it...but I needed a car.

Seventh...2001 Mustang. Traded the Saturn on a brand new Mustang. This was the only brand new car I've ever owned, 12 miles on her when I got her. Really liked it even though it was just a V6.

Eighth...2001 Mazda Millenia S. Kid was coming and needed 4 doors and better gas milleage. This car filled that and had some performance to go with it. For a 4 door I really liked it and you just can't beat the scream of a supercharged engine.

Nineth...2003 PT Cruiser GT. This was a gift...not a bad little car and my god that turbo had some balls. Just wasn't the car for me. Drove this one for a few years but had to get my current ride....

Yes that's 10 cars i've owned and you can see a pattern on which I prefer. Half have been Mustangs and I will always have one from now on. :D
"Ready to do nothing at a moments notice."