Car Dock and Charger

jedi380

Reaction score
That note was not there a few days ago, and I pre-ordered this thing back in December...soooooo Fommy just got a nasty gram. Let's see what they do.

I agree. When this thread opened in December, that note wasn't there. The description also said it was going to ship on 1/23. When I checked on 1/23, the ship date changed to 1/30. On 1/30, the ship date changed to 2/2 (still no note). At least it's now shipping, but the "no pin connector" message got crowbar'd in there. Also, I just rated the product but it isn't on the site. I doubt it will make it up there anyway.

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Has there been any news on a "official" 3 pin car or even a media dock for us yet.

Or are we officially shafted by Samsung and VZW?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

pnovak67

Reaction score
Most resellers have 3/5/12 listed now for the multimedia dock (drop-in landscape and portrait with plug.) I don't see the 3 pin car dock anywhere. I'm using the universal Seidio ones - can't recommend very unstable. Ordered two via ebay from China that are formed for the i515 specifically. Will post after getting those.

I just installed 3 powered GNex cradles from ProclipUSA (one on my Kawasaki bike via Ram-Mount) they're perfect!

Paul

hacku

Reaction score
I don't understand why Samsung won't release the card dock and the landscape desk mount that utilize the 3 pin charge port.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I don't understand why Samsung won't release the card dock and the landscape desk mount that utilize the 3 pin charge port.

Maybe they are waiting to see what will happen with the latest apple law suit that's targeting the Galaxy Nexus..

Sent from my Sourcerized GN

thorn22

Reaction score
While we are all waiting for the pin charger/dock to be released, thought I would throw this out there...

I saw good reviews for the iGrip traveler car dock on a different website and just ordered one for $16 shipped on ebay. People who already have it say that it fits the Nexus, even with an Otterbox attached.

If you are in Canada, you can get it from thesource.ca this weekend only for $18. It is listed for $24.99 with an additional promo code.

If you are in the USA, search "iGrip Traveler T1-1203" on e-bay and you will find a seller listing it for $9.99+$5.99 shipping.

cruzincat

Reaction score
If you were an accessory manufacturer and every time you geared up to make something for the current hot phone, some new hot phone came out, would you continue to try to stay current or just wait and see what phone has the largest market share? Right now, only the iPhone seems to fit that bill. Maybe there are more Android phones, but which model? I wish the companies that make phones would slow down a little so the accessory manufacturers could catch up. In the meantime the consumers get saddled with two year commitments and feel like they are stuck with an obsolete phone, the day they bring it home.

thorn22

Reaction score
While we are all waiting for the pin charger/dock to be released, thought I would throw this out there...

I saw good reviews for the iGrip traveler car dock on a different website and just ordered one for $16 shipped on ebay. People who already have it say that it fits the Nexus, even with an Otterbox attached.

If you are in Canada, you can get it from thesource.ca this weekend only for $18. It is listed for $24.99 with an additional promo code.

If you are in the USA, search "iGrip Traveler T1-1203" on e-bay and you will find a seller listing it for $9.99+$5.99 shipping.
Update:

Just got the igrip dock in the mail today. For $16, this thing is awesome...

hakaida

Reaction score
I'd like to see pics of the igrip dock with the GN. The sides look too bulky for me, but I may consider it after seeing pics. I want a dock so bad so I can use maps and trapster.

rlb

Reaction score
Update:

Just got the igrip dock in the mail today. For $16, this thing is awesome...

Any pics of this in action? I was excited when I clicked your Amazon link, but it looks like that's not the specific model you mentioned (iGrip Traveler T1-1203). The T1-1203 is a bit more ugly :biggrin:

OP
Leonidas

Leonidas

Reaction score
This thread was originally about the Samsung multimedia dock and the Samsung vehicle dock that utilize the charging pins on the side of the GN. It's since turned into a "what dock do you like best" thread. For those of you still interested in the Samsung docks with charging pins, I have some bad news.

This just in from MobilCityOnline:

Today's Date:3/27/2012
Inventory Notification:ETA Change
Item # :Samsung Multimedia Dock for Galaxy Nexus (I515) in Black
New ETA:NONE
Price:$49.99

Dear Subscriber,
As we previously informed you we have been working closely with Samsung on the production of this item so that we can provide you (our customers) with the most current information on the distribution of this item. Unfortunately we have been informed that this item may not be distributed and if so will not be available for at least another 8-10 weeks but this ETA is still subject to change. We are extremely disappointed in the progression of the distribution of this item from Samsung and we strive to provide the best customer service to all our customers, therefore at this point we have decided to cancel this pre order item for now and if for some reason this item is available at a later date we will update you via email.

Looks like we may never see a proper vehicle or multimedia dock that charges through the contacts.

Maverick0984

Reaction score
This thread was originally about the Samsung multimedia dock and the Samsung vehicle dock that utilize the charging pins on the side of the GN. It's since turned into a "what dock do you like best" thread. For those of you still interested in the Samsung docks with charging pins, I have some bad news.

This just in from MobilCityOnline:

Today's Date:3/27/2012
Inventory Notification:ETA Change
Item # :Samsung Multimedia Dock for Galaxy Nexus (I515) in Black
New ETA:NONE
Price:$49.99

Dear Subscriber,
As we previously informed you we have been working closely with Samsung on the production of this item so that we can provide you (our customers) with the most current information on the distribution of this item. Unfortunately we have been informed that this item may not be distributed and if so will not be available for at least another 8-10 weeks but this ETA is still subject to change. We are extremely disappointed in the progression of the distribution of this item from Samsung and we strive to provide the best customer service to all our customers, therefore at this point we have decided to cancel this pre order item for now and if for some reason this item is available at a later date we will update you via email.

Looks like we may never see a proper vehicle or multimedia dock that charges through the contacts.

Unfortunately, I had given up on this a long time ago. I was so used to Motorola phones and their accessories being ready at launch that I guess I got spoiled. That being said, had I known there wouldn't have been a dock released ever officially from Samsung...I still would have gotten the Nexus. Not a deal breaker for me. I'd much rather have an open/unlocked phone that I plug in manually and lays on my desk instead of a Motorola phone in a pretty dock that will be outdated 3 weeks after launch.

thorn22

Reaction score
Any pics of this in action? I was excited when I clicked your Amazon link, but it looks like that's not the specific model you mentioned (iGrip Traveler T1-1203). The T1-1203 is a bit more ugly :biggrin:

I will take some pics and post them soon...