Car charger with long cord

Reaction score
Has anyone come across a car charger with a longer cord. I will be using my droid as navigation with the kit but all I can find are chargers with 9" cords and I don't think that will stretch from my windshield to my cigarette. my garmin has a really nice long cable but that unit will be going to my wife and i'll have the droid. I would say the cord needs to be at lease 2' to my outlet. Any other suggestions are def welcome.

Reaction score
This is pretty simple, all you need is a generic USB charger with a long cable. Got to Monoprice.com where a 10ft cable is around $2. I bought 6 wall/car chargers and 6 cables for around $15.

OP
O
Reaction score
thanx homemadehitshow, if its not to much trouble do you think you can send me links to the products - 10ft usb cable and the usb charger. I'm looking at monoprice and there is a lot of usb cables...micro B, Micro B 4 pin, 5 pin. Thanx

LordKastle

Reaction score
We can trust these third party accessories I am assuming. I hope it wouldn't surge the Droid.

Reaction score
One more time, USB is a standard, it's not like a regular power cable, you simply cannot get a "surge" + a car adapter will never surge anyway.

Add to that that I've been using these products since day 1 with Droid and for years with other devices AND Monoprice has a huge reputation for quality and customer service.

OP
O
Reaction score
That is amazing how cheap it is compared to going in a store or even online and paying $20 for the same cable that might be limiting. Information is priceless!

icecold

Reaction score

Wow, this makes too much sense. Only problem, I was obviously the last to find out and both of those links are sold out with no timetable for being stocked.

So my question to you, does it really matter if it's gold plated? How about the 28/24 guage? Lastly, the Ferrite Core? I can probably find just a regular USB 2.0 A Male to Micro 5pin Male cable somewhere on the website.

Any help?

JohnAP2

Reaction score
Monoprice has been making quality products for many years. They starting becoming more "mainstream" as a high quality alternative for suckers who fell for the WAY overpriced hype of Monstercable HMDI cables... I fully trust their quality and am glad somebody found this deal!

mitchb2

Reaction score
WOW! Thank you for those links! The car adapter is back in stock so I ordered it. Shipping is cheap. I'll keep a lookout for the cables to come back in stock. What a deal! I was about to put the car adapter on my Christmas list and my wife probably would have paid >$20 for it.

jc1234

Reaction score
you can also use a car charger for a moto q9h or any mini usb charger with a q9h adapter, they are all pretty cheap. They probably have droid adapters, but I had a few q9h adapters laying around and they are the same things.

sparky7403

Reaction score
Which wall plug adapter should I order? They have a 1000 miliamp and a 500 miliamp. The one that came with the phone is a 850 miliamp.

Rudy

Reaction score
monoprice is also the best place to buy HDMI cables and speaker wire if any of you need home theater supplies. Also great wall-mounts for tv's. Lightning fast shipping too, you'd really be stupid to buy any cables without checking monoprice first.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Which wall plug adapter should I order? They have a 1000 miliamp and a 500 miliamp. The one that came with the phone is a 850 miliamp.
I'd get the 1000. The Droid will pull what it needs. With a 500 you're forcing it to charge more slowly.