Car Charger..

Badbird2000

Reaction score
Does anyone make a car charger with a longer cord than the one i got with the phone? Plain Driod, btw... the pig-tailed curley one won't reach for me to talk when it's plugged in.. it comes undone when i move it. The cord is too short. I tried stretching he cord out, nothing doing..thanks

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't know the various lengths of cords for all the different car chargers out there.

However, there are many car chargers that simply provide a USB port and you could pair it with a cable of whatever length you desire. Monoprice is a good source for both the charger and cable. Keep in mind that the mA supplied by the charger will affect your charging rate. I'd suggest finding one that supplies as close to 1000mA/1A as possible.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Does anyone make a car charger with a longer cord than the one i got with the phone? Plain Driod, btw... the pig-tailed curley one won't reach for me to talk when it's plugged in.. it comes undone when i move it. The cord is too short. I tried stretching he cord out, nothing doing..thanks

I bought and used a one of these from Monoprice.com: "Car Charger (Cigarette Lighter) to USB Femal Converter - White) Product Code 3524. I think I paid about $1.50 for it!! And it worked!!

I used the following cord with it: “USB 2.0 A Male to Micro 5pin Male 28/24AWG Cable w/Ferrite Core – (Gold Plated) – 15ft Product Code 5460. I paid about $2.00 for the 15 foot cord. I also ordered and used a 3 foot cord. They both work well.

Check them out and good luck.