Car Charger with long cord

brudog56

Reaction score
Hello all. I'm a new Droid owner as of last week. I'm very happy with it so far. On Friday, I bought the suction-based car mount kit from Best Buy. A problem I'm having is that none of the cigarette lighters in my car are anywhere near the dashboard. The charger that came with the kit is stretched too much if I plug it in.

I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a car charger that has a much longer cord than usual. The car charger that came with my Garmin has about a 6-foot cord. Unfortunately, it uses a different USB interface than the Droid.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hello all. I'm a new Droid owner as of last week. I'm very happy with it so far. On Friday, I bought the suction-based car mount kit from Best Buy. A problem I'm having is that none of the cigarette lighters in my car are anywhere near the dashboard. The charger that came with the kit is stretched too much if I plug it in.

I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a car charger that has a much longer cord than usual. The car charger that came with my Garmin has about a 6-foot cord. Unfortunately, it uses a different USB interface than the Droid.

I got mine at the local Verizon store. It has a long enough cord to get to any dashboard even when your cigarette lighter is in the console between the seats like mine.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Last edited: