captivate video quality

creature1987

Reaction score
hi i just got the captivate , got rid of my iphone 3gs. love the phone so far except i am watchig youtube videos ad the quality is super grainy , i even watched a 'high def' video still looks crappy . is there a settnig i can change on my phone like a screen quality setting? i am a total noob to this phone lol.

turdbogls

Reaction score
i know with my Droid 1 running 2.1 (you are on 2.1 i assume) if you hit menu, more, settings, there will be a "watch in HQ" setting. you have to do this every time which is stupid, but it works.

2.2 brings you a button right next to the Play,pause, ff,RW buttons so you dotn have to go into the settings.

hope this helps. i am not sure if the captivate youtube app is any different than the Droids so this may not work...but it should

OP
C

creature1987

Reaction score
thx for helping me , where do i go to menu tho, like when im watching the video or from the phone settings . i cant find how to get that option.
thx

turdbogls

Reaction score
while you are watching the video, tap the far left button on the bottome of the phone (where the Home, back and search buttons are...this is the Menu button) tapping that SHOULD bring up the more>settings option.

but that phone is different than my Droid, so who knows if this will work. all i know is that was the process i had to do when my droid was on Android 2.1.

OP
C

creature1987

Reaction score
k totally see it , thx a lot this is soooo much clearer with hq. thx a lot for the help