youtube high quality

w0lfinator

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of anyway to 'lock' high quality on youtube?? I am never going to watch a youtube video in low quality(the default load of the video), i change it to high quality immediately on opening the video.. Is there anyway to lock this setting so I don't have to always go to settings and hit High Quality?

Silver Member
Reaction score
I dont think you can.When you watch youtube videos on wifi it does automatically play as high quality
it does??? are you sure? i'll have to check that out. seems like i've always had to select it, no matter what network i'm on.

HQ kind of pisses me off tho. not sure why the videos are THAT much more data that it takes 5x as long to load on 3G.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
We can only hope this becomes an option in an update. With such a beautiful screen and unlimited data, why wouldn't we always want the videos to play in HQ?

Silver Member
Reaction score
We can only hope this becomes an option in an update. With such a beautiful screen and unlimited data, why wouldn't we always want the videos to play in HQ?
probably for the reasons i just posted... it takes 5x as long to load an HQ video as it does SQ.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
probably for the reasons i just posted... it takes 5x as long to load an HQ video as it does SQ.

I have noticed a small difference in loading time, but not enough to keep me from switching to HQ each time...

Thanassi44

Reaction score
agreed. I want HQ default also. I've only noticed an extra second or 2 of typical loading time and I can definitely live with that. choosing the option for every video is annoying.

darreno1

Reaction score

I have noticed a small difference in loading time, but not enough to keep me from switching to HQ each time...

Have to agree here as well. The difference in load time is hardly an issue for me for the most part. I hope this becomes an option.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
When i did it, i could barely notice the difference in load time. I would like an option, not saying I would use it, but it would be nice to at least have the option to lock it in.

boatman2220

Reaction score
I dont think you can.When you watch youtube videos on wifi it does automatically play as high quality
it does??? are you sure? i'll have to check that out. seems like i've always had to select it, no matter what network i'm on.

HQ kind of pisses me off tho. not sure why the videos are THAT much more data that it takes 5x as long to load on 3G.
Yep if you watch YouTube on Wi-Fi it is in high quality, touch the menu button as you would to get high quality on 3G and you are asked if you want to watch in normal mode.