youtube app high quality setting

Daybreak

Reaction score
Howdy,

I just messed around with my Droid and figured something out.

I have watched youtube video before and always had to click more > high quality

I have now signed into my youtube account which is merged with my gmail account. After I am signed on, it remembers that this unit uses high quality video. Now I do not have to make that selection to watch in high quality.

So, sign into your youtube account, it will then default to high quality.
stock droid with forced 2.1 update

UPDATE: jumped to the conclusion it would stay.. it does not. :(
no default to high quality...

Last edited:

hapster

Reaction score
Log onto Youtube from your pc using your gmail account and password. It will ask if you want to add youtube to your google account and ask for your youtube username/password. Click add, then it will ask you for your google user/pass one more time to confirm.

ohioDroid

Reaction score
I've got my youtube account linked to my google account, and signed into that google account with the Youtube app. It still doesn't default to high quality for me.

hapster

Reaction score
Same here, but I'm not sure I'd want it to anyway. Depending on my location, high quality clips tend to pause frequently, which gets annoying fast.

Vitticeps

Reaction score
Didn't work for me either. I rarely have issues with HQ pausing/buffering so I would much prefer it to default to HQ.

Daybreak, is it still working for you?

OP
Daybreak

Daybreak

Reaction score
Howdy,

sorry to say, NO

I jumped to quick to the conclusion that it made all videos go to high quality. The next day, some were high quality and others defaulted to normal, and I had to select high quality. :(

I thought I was onto something with the linking and account seetings with google gmail and youtube linking....

brando56894

Reaction score
If you guys root your droids you can install the hacked youtube app which does HD by default :D