Can't use phone while charging

Soot

Reaction score
Is this just a problem I have or do all the phones suffer from the same problem. If I try to use the phone while charging the screen jump & flutters around finally locking up the screen. Have to unplug it, wait awhile, then start the screen over. Everything takes just long enough so you miss the call.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
No problems here.... Are you using the moto charger? or an off brand?

mero20

Reaction score
i have no problem also.. but when i plug it into my computer. it asks for charge only or link up with computer..

ebenalca09

Reaction score
I have the same problem. It has to do with the charger messing with the orientation of the trackball. I know its really annoying. I haven't really found a way to fix it other than just unplugging it while I'm using it .

muuzikk

Reaction score
I have had my Eris since 11/13/2009. I have NO problems using while charging from UL 115v-use cord. IF I connect it to my NB then yes I too must too, choose whether to charge via nb's 2.0 use port or use it interactively WITH my nb as external use device. If you're charging your Eris via your PC's usb 2.0 port using HTC software d/l, you have to CHOOSE. The HTC software d/l allowing recognition of your Eris via usb was/has been available,from HTC website since Verizon first offered Eris with 1.5 firmware. I have not experienced a single glitch after the update to 2.1. My suggestion would be A: backup your Eris,writing down your apps-you'll probably have to pay again for your previously installed/ d/l apps. B: then go into
Menu settings and perform a hard reset. C: power off
D: remove then reinsert battery (power off may not be needed) E: power up and reboot < make notes where you loaded which app's & widgets when you reinstall your app's for reload. NOTE:
A hard reset will COMPLETELY wipe ENTIRE sdcard contents, and will then reformat sdCard to factory default. Good luck , I hope this helps !!

christinerm561

Reaction score
I hate this phone bc it doesn't work right...

Is this just a problem I have or do all the phones suffer from the same problem. If I try to use the phone while charging the screen jump & flutters around finally locking up the screen. Have to unplug it, wait awhile, then start the screen over. Everything takes just long enough so you miss the call.

I had this problem with the phone a week ago, took it to Verizon, and because they couldn't figure it out they just gave me a new phone. Well, low and behold, I just plugged the phone into charged and it IMMEDIATELY froze. WTF?!?

Let us all pray that Verizon seals the deal with Apple..pleeeeease!!

Also, please let me know if anyone comes up with a "fix" to this annoying, EXTREMELY INCONVENIENT issue with this piece of Sh*t phone. Thanks :)

mhotovec

Reaction score
This could be a fault in the cord you're using to charge with. Try using a different cord.

wyzzerdd

Reaction score
Yeah that's very strange, I've never experienced this problem.

denakisland

Reaction score
Pacific NW. Not so North and not so West.
I've always had this problem, straight out of the box. I've been told it's "normal." Pisses me off. However, my phone doesn't freeze, the screen gets jumpy and twitchy. I've even not been able to change the mode from charge only to drive option because of the glitchiness. (I'm sure that's a word!)
I've tried different cords, it doesn't matter. One time, as it was plugged in, I wasn't even touching it but it brought up yahoo messenger, signed in, pulled a contact and started swyping a message. Random letters, of course, but I grabbed my camera and took video because I wanted proof to Verizon that it was buggy! Took it to the store and they plugged it in and said it doesn't have a problem. She has the same phone, never had an issue but told me you shouldn't be using it while it's plugged in anyway. I told her it had to be plugged in so often that I didn't have a lot of choice. She also told me she's never seen it pull up the drive option when plugging it into the computer. So when she played around with cords she said it brought it up when she plugged in the moto cord. Then she said you shouldn't ever use the USB cord with the phone.
Yeah, I put a LOT of faith into Verizon's so called Tech people. They're idiots!
I realize this was very blah- blah. Oh well. ;)