Can't overclock

proevo4

Reaction score
I can't overclock my droid2. I set custom frequency values and it lets me select them, but it doesn't clock to that speed.

I underclock when the screens off to save battery, and I want to overclock when it's on to reduce some lag.

2le713r.png

trook

Reaction score
What speed are you trying to get to, because according to that screenshot your overclocked to 1.4 ghz. Also, your minimum is 1 ghz which is way too high for a minimum, that should be 3 or 400, next you have it set to overclock to 1.4 on boot which is dangerous not in the sense that it will kill your phone, but more that if it messes up it will create more work for you to get it working again. If you need help even to ask a bunch of newbie questions, go ahead and we'll help you. We were all newbs at one time and I'm not far from it. I don't want to use the custom settings because I'm still learning about overclocking, I have my d2 overclocked at 1.2 using low voltage which is plenty fast. My minimum is 400 by default. I hope this answers your ? but if doesn't just ignore me.:greendroid:

gunz.jones

Reaction score
Ulv at 1.35 is good when using normal at the high end....using 333 - 400 for the low is good especially with the setcpu sleep option. 1.2 is better for battery. Using jrummy to set steps doesn't always synch with setcpu correctly. So when you open the app, go through the menus and reset the slides