droid overclock vs setCPU?

bikeface

Reaction score
I searched around the forums a bit but wasn't able to find an answer to this...

pretty basic question: D2G running 2.2 with Z4root with a stock kernel, bloatfreeze in place. I am trying to underclock for battery saving but I am unable to mess with the voltage (I assume because of the stock kernel). My question is: will droid overclock allow me to change the voltage settings without installing a new kernel? if so, great! if not, any suggestions as to which kernel? I want the ability to save battery when I want by underclocking but also be able to overclock when I want. I am presently set to 1000/300 on demand with a profile of 300/300 when screen is off.

thanks!

Brennan_Huber

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yes it allows you to change the volage in quite a few different ways. And I completely suggest it. I have gotten 3 data out of my DX and now I swear by it.
But one thing I did notice im fairly sure is wrong is that you having a D2G will not allow you to install new kernals because of the locked bootloader.
If you would like to support us trying to unlock it do a quick search for petition to unlock bootloader and sign it. No money just a signature.

FreeMyMoto!!
FreeMyMoto!!
FreeMyMoto!!

OP
bikeface

bikeface

Reaction score
Yes it allows you to change the volage in quite a few different ways. And I completely suggest it. I have gotten 3 data out of my DX and now I swear by it.
But one thing I did notice im fairly sure is wrong is that you having a D2G will not allow you to install new kernals because of the locked bootloader.
If you would like to support us trying to unlock it do a quick search for petition to unlock bootloader and sign it. No money just a signature.

let me get this straight-I CAN change voltage with DOverclock without changing kernels?

NEIL!

Brennan_Huber

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Here's what I mean by change voltage.
aefcb2f1-23a9-5bf5.jpg

Then click the set scaling frequency. And you get this.
(Phones not wanting to load)
but it says ultra low voltage, low voltage, medium voltage, high voltage, and revert to stock
Then when you click one it gives you a range of frequencies and you click and it'll change for you.

FreeMyMoto!!
FreeMyMoto!!
FreeMyMoto!!

OP
bikeface

bikeface

Reaction score
sorry if I'm a little slow tonight, just got off of 12 hours work. droid overclock will let me change the voltage AND the cpu scaling whereas set CPU will only let me change the cpu speed since I don't have the ability to change kernels?

btw-thanks for the screenshot and the info on the bootloader, much appreciated!

NEIL!

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
sorry if I'm a little slow tonight, just got off of 12 hours work. droid overclock will let me change the voltage AND the cpu scaling whereas set CPU will only let me change the cpu speed since I don't have the ability to change kernels?

btw-thanks for the screenshot and the info on the bootloader, much appreciated!

NEIL!

That's correct.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Brennan_Huber

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Trust me I understand Haha. But yes I am currently running on 1250mH and a min of 400mH. And without DO I would have to be on max of 1000 and min of 300.
And its no problem I would have loaded more but my phones 3g is a little sketchy right now. And seems to not want it up there.