Can't login to yahoo after password change

matt55014

Reaction score
Hi,
I had to change my yahoo password now I can't login to my yahoo mail from the stock email app that i was using or any of my other yahoo apps. When the login failed the first time I went to the settings and changed to my new password, logged in again, and still says unable to login. I can login fine from a computer. I am not a tech savy person. It is probably an easy fix but I have searched on here but nothing seems to be quite like my problem. Anyone have any ideas? Seems like it is a yahoo or droid problem?

mcj

Reaction score
I'm having the exact same problem.. please help! I'm using the original motorola droid.

Goulster

Reaction score
Having exact issue with Galaxy Nexus. Changed Yahoo mail password this morning, now I can't login from stock e-mail app on Nexus. Constantly says username and password incorrect, but it isn't. I can login from PC with no problem, as well. Don't understand what's happening.

OP
M

matt55014

Reaction score
Fixed mine. On a computer, while signed into yahoo, click on your username in the upper left part of screen. A drop down box will appear...click account info. Under manage other accounts to sign in I had something about yahoo mail for android listed. I removed it and presto...my phone login worked.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Last edited:

Erbid

Reaction score
Mine is now working

(not on a Droid X, but Android and unable to use a new Yahoo password)

My new password was not working for Yahoo! email in my main email program. (Kaiten, a variant/fork of the "normal" email program)

I updated my Sending Email server settings password.
I updated my Receiving Email server settings password.
I could not use my new Yahoo email password. ("Incorrect username or password", I believe it said.)

I tweaked incoming and outgoing server password to no avail. Password incorrect when tested. After trying a couple password variations, I again set the password I believed was correct under both send and receive server settings, and even after it failed, I kept the settings.

I checked Yahoo (in my web browser on a PC) for "other accounts" but had none. (I couldn't use the new password on my Android browser either)
I logged in and logged out a few times (in the latest yahoo webmail from a PC) to confirm I was using the right password (I was).
So there were no "changes" made, but I did authenticate about 6 times in the process of verifying the password, and looking for an odd account to delete in the "account settings" found in the drop-down from the username.
I rebooted my Android phone (in this case a Samsung Captivate Glide running Kaiten email) and it was quite happy:icon_ lala: to receive and send Yahoo! email.

I guess the key may have been the Android reboot, as the old password may have been tried dozens of times by the email program before I realized it needed to be changed.

Erbid (this thread encouraged me to persist. I spent the extra time to poke around. But until I rebooted, it was still failing. Heck, it could have been a 30 minute time-out)

Ashdude

Reaction score
The same thing happened to me and I'm a "Yahoo Plus" subscriber. What I was told by Yahoo's tech support is that it can take a few hours for the password change to copy across all of their servers. I'm still not sure why their web service updates almost instantly while their IMAP service takes a lot longer. But apparently that is the case, because my cell started working about 4 hours later.

gumbythecat

Reaction score
Yahoo email password change not recognizable by Droid X

Last week I had to reset two Yahoo email account passwords due to the recent hack. Afterwords I could not get my Droid X stock email app to recognize the changed email accounts. I tried the new passwords, the old passwords, no luck. I tried deleting both accounts from my phone and setting them up again, no luck. I tried rebooting the phone, and even clearing the cache as a last resort. Nothing. All I get is that "Login to the account failed, please try again" messagebox. Based on the advice of a poster here I went on my laptop and checked the email settings for "Manage Other Accounts to Sign-in" and there's nothing. This has been going on for over a week now.

I'm angry and at my wit's end here. And to add insult to injury my iPod Touch accepted the password changes without as much as a hiccup.

Can anybody help me here?

Droid X
Android 2.3.4

Jackncoke

Reaction score
Remember the new yahoo mail accounts are case sensitive. Simply go to incoming messages and outgoing messages and put the case sensitive letters in the right places and this should solve the problem.

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LGLS740
I have an Android LG Volt. I tried and tried, then remembered Yahoo now has something in account settings>account security that reads...allow app that use less secure sign in. When i clicked that, it let me log in on my phone