Dx Keeps Resetting My Password

lostnbroken

Reaction score
Is anyone else having a problem with their X resetting any of their email and/or facebook passwords?

About once every few weeks my Dx keeps changing my Yahoo and facebook passwords. So then when I try to log in from the computer & my phone it says my password is invalid so I have to go through all the steps to reset/change my password for both accounts. It's starting to really get frustrating and wondering what I can do to fix this?

Thanks,
Tiffinee

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else having a problem with their X resetting any of their email and/or facebook passwords?

About once every few weeks my Dx keeps changing my Yahoo and facebook passwords. So then when I try to log in from the computer & my phone it says my password is invalid so I have to go through all the steps to reset/change my password for both accounts. It's starting to really get frustrating and wondering what I can do to fix this?

Thanks,
Tiffinee

That really doesn't sound like the phone doing that. I know Facebook will have you sign in from time to time because your cookie will expire. May be the same thing with Yahoo.

It is interesting that it's saying to use a new password however. Next time it happens instead of going through Droid use a computer and see if it has you do the same thing.

Logically speaking the phone just wouldn't be capable of doing something like that.

I do have one other thought. Maybe when it's checking in it's using an invalid password and timing out on both accounts. Try to clean the cache and data on both apps in your settings/applications/manage applications/all/and then each program.

OP
L

lostnbroken

Reaction score
Thats what I thought too the 1st time it happened was maybe someone knew my password and went in and changed everything.(when it started happening quite often, and it hasn't ever done that before I got my droid, I figured it must be the phone somehow. I dont think someone would be able to figure out my password over and over)
But it's done it about 6-7 times. I all the sudden get a notification on the top of my phone that is a orange yield sign with an exclamation point in it saying can not connect to yahoo! due to invalid password. So then I get on the computer and can't sign in because somehow the password has changed. So then I have to go through the whole process on my laptop of obtaining a new password. Then once I do all that, I have to go into my phone accounts and change the password into the phone to the new one I just created.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the clean cache suggestion. I will try that again, I did clean it the last few times this happened hoping it would help but I guess it didn't because the password reset again today :(

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thats what I thought too the 1st time it happened was maybe someone knew my password and went in and changed everything.(when it started happening quite often, and it hasn't ever done that before I got my droid, I figured it must be the phone somehow. I dont think someone would be able to figure out my password over and over)
But it's done it about 6-7 times. I all the sudden get a notification on the top of my phone that is a orange yield sign with an exclamation point in it saying can not connect to yahoo! due to invalid password. So then I get on the computer and can't sign in because somehow the password has changed. So then I have to go through the whole process on my laptop of obtaining a new password. Then once I do all that, I have to go into my phone accounts and change the password into the phone to the new one I just created.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the clean cache suggestion. I will try that again, I did clean it the last few times this happened hoping it would help but I guess it didn't because the password reset again today :(

Well if cleaning the cache and the data didn't work The only thing else I can say is a Factory Data Reset out of your Privacy Section in the Settings. That will clean your phone up like new, you'll lose any data you currently have and all your apps. Once you sign back in however you'll find your paid apps in the Market Downloads. The other apps you will have to reinstall.