Problem with Yahoo mail after changing password

NewArtDroid

Reaction score
After that news this week about Yahoo, I changed the password on my Yahoo mail account. It was difficult just to figure out how. I use Lastpass, so I know I have the right one. I am, however, unable to login to my Yahoo acccount with my Droid. I can login fine with my computer. Any suggestions? Could I have accidentially changed some other setting, because I also disabled Yahoo messenger (which I wanted to) at the time as well.

gsDroid

Reaction score
You might try the 'forgotten password' option from the droid. Maybe it will reset or get you unstuck on mobile.

TatDroid

Reaction score
I also changed my Yahoo password a few days ago after the news of hacked passwords. After changing it online with my laptop, I went to "accounts" on my Bionic, selected Yahoo, and entered my new password. It kept saying it was not accepted and I tried at least 3 or 4 times before I gave up and put the phone down.

About 5 minutes later I noticed I had a notification that I had new email. I checked it, and everything was fine. I sent a test message to my Gmail account and it was successful. I have no idea what the error messages were all about, cause everything seems to be working just fine.

OP
N

NewArtDroid

Reaction score
So weeks later, I was still having this Yahoo login problems. I figured it out though from this post: Android Forums - View Single Post - Yahoo Mail in Mail App

You can't set up Yahoo mail with the Yahoo icon because that requires you have POP access, which costs money. Instead, you have to choose generic E-mail. Then for incoming server, you have to switch it to IMAP and use the address in the above link. For outgoining server, similar, and use the SMTP address in the above link. Once I did that, it worked pretty easily.

It took awhile to figure this out. I had even changed my password to an easier to remember one, not knowing what to do. But I think this will work now.