Can't get Swype to work

mitchb2

Reaction score
I logged in and downloaded the installer, downloaded installed swipe, and activated it in language/settings but swipe keyboard doesn't come up.

lee__D

Reaction score
same here, but i like the stock keyboard so no issue for me

TheRockSays

Reaction score
Did you use your swype account associated with a previous phone? If so, it could be a licensing a issue. In which case you need to uninstall and create a new swype beta account associated with a new email address

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

lee__D

Reaction score
Did you use your swype account associated with a previous phone? If so, it could be a licensing a issue. In which case you need to uninstall and create a new swype beta account associated with a new email address

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

that could be, but it actually installed and allowed me to enable it. but like i said it's no biggie for me.

OP
M

mitchb2

Reaction score
I thought that would be it. Created new account, still no swype

champaned_out

Reaction score
i got swype to work... installed it this morning
make sure you guys go into your app drawer and open swype installer and select swype and click finish

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's what I did....I went to my email and searched for the swype beta email from back in December and re-sent it to myself. I went into my Gmail and re-downloaded the .apk and followed the install instructions. It then asked if I wanted to use Swype and said yes. I went into Handcent and it brought up the stock keyboard, so I pressed the text message area and it then allowed me to select keyboard type, Swype was an option, so I chose that, and it worked (so far).

champaned_out

Reaction score
mailgooglecom.jpg

heres my swype installed on my TB

champaned_out

Reaction score
sorry i dont know what Drocap2 is but i am not currently rooted.. i dont believe they have the root instructions out yet.. but believe me when it comes out i will root asap

which program are you talking about specifically?

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sorry i dont know what Drocap2 is but i am not currently rooted.. i dont believe they have the root instructions out yet.. but believe me when it comes out i will root asap

which program are you talking about specifically?
How were you able to take a screenshot of your Swype keyboard to show us? (Mine works BTW).

champaned_out

Reaction score
i used my retired Droid 1 thats connected to wifi and took a picture of my tb and uploaded it to my gmail account haha

OP
M

mitchb2

Reaction score
Sang...I've gone through the process about ten times. I have swipe in my settings, but only the Android keyboard comes up in apps aeg.