Can't get Swype to work

jseah

Reaction score
I logged in and downloaded the installer, downloaded installed swipe, and activated it in language/settings but swipe keyboard doesn't come up.

You have to use chompsms or hand cent to use swype on the thunderbolt. Says so on the swype website.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Funny.....I have Swype installed on my Thunderbolt and it seems to work using the stock messaging app.

ajk23az

Reaction score
I logged in and downloaded the installer, downloaded installed swipe, and activated it in language/settings but swipe keyboard doesn't come up.

You have to use chompsms or hand cent to use swype on the thunderbolt. Says so on the swype website.

Funny.....I have Swype installed on my Thunderbolt and it seems to work using the stock messaging app.

Got lucky then.

http://forum.swype.com/showthread.php?3009-Swype-on-HTC-Thunderbolt&p=15209#post15209

Sent from my Thunderbolt

jseah

Reaction score

Got lucky then.

Swype on HTC Thunderbolt

Sent from my Thunderbolt

That post by the forum administrator is dated in March. The version of Swype I have installed is the latest update. I was emailed the link to this version last week.

ajk23az

Reaction score

Got lucky then.

Swype on HTC Thunderbolt

Sent from my Thunderbolt

That post by the forum administrator is dated in March. The version of Swype I have installed is the latest update. I was emailed the link to this version last week.

Must be still applicable because I got the same link you did except 2 weeks ago and it didn't work with the stock messaging app.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

underwaterjr

Reaction score
I can get swype to work on the stock messaging app. Just won't auto space. Drives me nuts. So I use handcent instead but now my led seems to be finicky on when it wants to let me know if I have a message or not.

ajk23az

Reaction score
I can get swype to work on the stock messaging app. Just won't auto space. Drives me nuts. So I use handcent instead but now my led seems to be finicky on when it wants to let me know if I have a message or not.

Same here. Auto space is a necessity so I say it doesn't work.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

underwaterjr

Reaction score

Same here. Auto space is a necessity so I say it doesn't work.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

you got a good point there

porsche996

Reaction score
Ditto...

I just upgraded from an OG Droid last week, and swype will auto-space in everything EXCEPT the stock messaging program. It's seriously annoying. Maybe it's the version of Swype, as when you download it, there are two different ones to pick from; I think I'll try the other one, but I'm not all that hopeful.