Swype Stopping

bclinsure

Reaction score
I installed Swype a couple of days ago and like a lot. However, I leave it on but when I turn the phone off and then back on, Swype is not the keyboard that the TB shows and even if it does show it, it is not functional as Swype (the keyboard works w/out the swipe function). Meaning I have to type again. I then have to change back to the other keyboard and go to the 'Swype Installer' and start over.

Is there a setting for this to stay as is, fully functional?

Thank you.

ezekiel2000

Reaction score
I haven't yet figured out why the swyping functionality leaves, some people said to disable "fast boot" from the power menu and that helped them...didn't help me though.

Still, I do have a faster answer for you than reinstalling. If you lose the swyping functionality, long press on a text entry box to pull up the "Input method" box. From there choose "touch input". Get out of there and go back to a text entry box and long press again, Input Method again, and this time choose "swype". You should be back to full functionality now.

It's annoying, but it only takes 5 seconds to fix. Good luck.

OP
bclinsure

bclinsure

Reaction score
I haven't yet figured out why the swyping functionality leaves, some people said to disable "fast boot" from the power menu and that helped them...didn't help me though.

Still, I do have a faster answer for you than reinstalling. If you lose the swyping functionality, long press on a text entry box to pull up the "Input method" box. From there choose "touch input". Get out of there and go back to a text entry box and long press again, Input Method again, and this time choose "swype". You should be back to full functionality now.

It's annoying, but it only takes 5 seconds to fix. Good luck.

Excellent. That works just fine. You're right, for the 2 seconds it takes, it is really not a big deal.

Thanks so much for your help.:)

cpjr

Reaction score
It just has to do with swype not playing well with the phone and sense UI.