Can't download Skype?

UgaDroid313

Reaction score
I'm running Kangerade 5.0.9 and when I tried to download Skype it said that it wasn't available for my phone? Anyone else run into this problem?

Der

Reaction score
I was able to go onto the Skype website (from the phone) and download it from there.
skype.com/m

MarcS

Reaction score
I've got the same problem. I'm running Cyanogenmod-6.0.0-Droid-RC2. Skype says it isn't available for my phone and when I try to download it directly from Skype it says "The requested item could not be found."

Maybe it doesn't work on some custom ROMs or maybe doesn't work on 2.2 firmware?

les017

Reaction score
Been seeing this on Sapphire ever since they went to the full build of the 2.2 Market. Basically if you are on a Droid running 2.2, well...you technically don't exist yet. This should resolve once 2.2 officially releases for the Droid

goodBEan

Reaction score
Yesturday I rooted and installed froyo on my droid. I had no problems with getting skype and running it. Since it was its first run on the new system it was a bit slow.

qwopzxnm

Reaction score
I've got the same problem. I'm running Cyanogenmod-6.0.0-Droid-RC2. Skype says it isn't available for my phone and when I try to download it directly from Skype it says "The requested item could not be found."

Maybe it doesn't work on some custom ROMs or maybe doesn't work on 2.2 firmware?

I'm having the exact same problem. I found a link to the latest APK, downloaded it and it's now showing on my phone bu when you try to login it force closes on you.

mrgoochio

Reaction score
I'm running sapphire and I can't install skype as well. Anybody have any alternative solutions? I'm looking into fring and nimbuzz but I am new to these VoIP apps for mobile and haven't been up to date on what the deal is. Recommendations?

mrgoochio

Reaction score
I have nimbuzz installed right now and I received a skype to skype call over my 3g network with good sound clarity and only a little bit of delay.. inbound skype to skype worked great, but for some reason if I call that same exact person back skype to skype neither of us can hear anything. really bizarre and frustrating..