Can't Deodex DX 2.3.40

TheJester34

Reaction score
As the title says, I can't get my DX to deodex. I've followed the instructions (as I had any other time I've deodexed), but it keeps stopping in step 4, 30 of 42 (keeps saying error deodexing core.odex). Anyone have any ideas why it won't work?

OP
T

TheJester34

Reaction score
Tried it once and it didn't work. I'll try again since I just reset everything

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

the5barrons

Reaction score
Curious. What are you trying to get to. By that I mean are you trying to eventually flash a rom? Dark slide for instance deodexes along with its install. I was going to do the auto deodexer tilll I learned that.

"what evrrrrr"

OP
T

TheJester34

Reaction score
I was running rubix, but decided to go back to stock for a while. May run another ROM later. If I ran Darkslide could I go back to the stock and keep the deodex?

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was running rubix, but decided to go back to stock for a while. May run another ROM later. If I ran Darkslide could I go back to the stock and keep the deodex?

If you install Darkslide v4.1 it will deodex for you because it is themed. Most ROM's deodex for you.

The reason for a auto deodex is for those that don't want a ROM but still want to theme their phone.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX w/DF app\\

OP
T

TheJester34

Reaction score
I couldn't get the auto deodex to work for some reason, so I'ma try Darkslide for now. Looks like a great ROM form everything I've read. And they have a Blurry (which I want. Main reason for wanting to go back to stock w/ a theme)

the5barrons

Reaction score
I couldn't get the auto deodex to work for some reason, so I'ma try Darkslide for now. Looks like a great ROM form everything I've read. And they have a Blurry (which I want. Main reason for wanting to go back to stock w/ a theme)

I'm running the blurr'd Darkslide rom...love it.

OP
T

TheJester34

Reaction score
I decoded to try the auto deodrx one more time and it worked. Did try darkslide but I didn't care for it. I liked rubix better. I'll be waiting for a blurry rubix. For now, themes.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
T

TheJester34

Reaction score
I hope there is. If not, I'll stick with my black bar and do some research. May pick up Focused again, who knows?