Custom Rom on DX

riverjao

Reaction score
Hey Droidites, I need some help. My DX is rooted on 2.2.1, but for the life of me I cannot get a custom rom on it. When I try with Rom Manager, it won't finish a download. And I've tried putting Liberty 2.0.1.zip on it, but every time that I try to transfer the file to my DX, it always says, The item “Liberty2.0.1DX (1).zip” can’t be copied because there isn’t enough free space." I don't know why it says that. My phone seems to have plenty of available storage space on it. PLEASE HELP! Super freaking frustrating. Thanks!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't use ROM manager. Just use bootstrap and flash the ROM

SkyNet Liberty AOSP

OP
R

riverjao

Reaction score
So what to do about the "The item Liberty2.0.1DX (1).zip” can’t be copied because there isn’t enough free space," even though my phone appears to have plenty of free space???

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
You could try and take out the SD card, and transfer it directly on there

SkyNet Liberty AOSP

OP
R

riverjao

Reaction score
That didn't work. Should I Format/Erase the SD card???

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try that but make sure you back up all your stuff

SkyNet Liberty AOSP

ABQNM

Reaction score
Hey Droidites, I need some help. My DX is rooted on 2.2.1, but for the life of me I cannot get a custom rom on it. When I try with Rom Manager, it won't finish a download. And I've tried putting Liberty 2.0.1.zip on it, but every time that I try to transfer the file to my DX, it always says, The item “Liberty2.0.1DX (1).zip” can’t be copied because there isn’t enough free space." I don't know why it says that. My phone seems to have plenty of available storage space on it. PLEASE HELP! Super freaking frustrating. Thanks!

ROM manager downloads to the SD card, so make sure that there is enough space on the card, not the internal storage. Sounds like the card is almost full or is corrupted. Either delete some data or you may need to format the card.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, on the dx and d2, you'll need the bootstraper app. Don't bother with. ROM manager.

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
How much space is left on the sd? You'll need about 150 mb for a rom.

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9

ABQNM

Reaction score
How much space is left on the sd? You'll need about 150 mb for a rom.

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9

Plus more if GApps is separate and/or you want to do a backup. I recommend having about 4-500mb free at all times if you are flashing ROMs.