Can't delete SMS, date shows Dec 31, 1969?

joewyno

Reaction score
Which SMS App

Which OS are you using and which SMS app? I have a Razar Maxx with ICS and running the stock sms and gosms and the stock sms does not bring up a delete all threads option when you hit the menu button. Thank you. I have over 100 messages with a date of 12-31-69 that I would really like to delete as they are pissing me off.

Alixm99

Reaction score
I reluctantly reset my phone back to factory and am still having the same problem. I have noticed the only messages that will not delete are my MMS messages. If there is not picture or link is in the body of the message it will delete completely.

airic7

Reaction score
Same problem here

You guys have the razr maxx??

anyone having this problem with Droid Bionic?

When i go to the text messaging app, the menu button does not give me the option to delete all threads...

HELP lol

RealTreeT

Reaction score
Which OS are you using and which SMS app? I have a Razar Maxx with ICS and running the stock sms and gosms and the stock sms does not bring up a delete all threads option when you hit the menu button. Thank you. I have over 100 messages with a date of 12-31-69 that I would really like to delete as they are pissing me off.

I am using GoSMS. But I've also tried my technique and it has worked with Handcent and the stock messaging program. Press the menu and Batch mode... this will allow you to delete all your messages.

Jmac146

Reaction score
I confirm that it works when deleting with Go SMS. I just noticed this for the first time ever on my razr maxx. how on earth could this glitch ever get started? so random..

AshleighNIkole22

Reaction score
This has happened to me as well multiple times I've even received missed calls from unknown numbers and it says its from Dec 31 1969 in the past, weirded me out and then i forgot about it, until today when i sent a message on Facebook and underneath my message was a blank message from no user dated Dec 31 1969. So I started looking into it and found out the why in some cases. But I think this is just too weird. Any ideas?