Can't connect S3 to PC with usb???

dansquared

Reaction score
Same pain... found a solution?

Hey there,

just been trawling the net like everyone else as I too hit this same issue. I've found a solution that worked for me and have taken the time to register on this forum just to post a solution in the hope it helps... it applied to a Canon powershot camera!... but worked just as well, even if the registry setting didn't match up exactly.

Solution here: SOLVED:Windows Mobile-based device and Canon Powershot cameras showing code 19 and MTP USB Device failed.

Basically, delete the reg setting it asks for (if you have it - I guess if you don't you won't have the same issue).

=================================
It is suggested to have a look at the following registry. Make a backup of it and remove the Upperfilters setting:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{EEC5AD98-8080-425F-922A-DABF3DE3F69A}
“Upperfilters” = klfltdrv

I had the Upperfilters setting, it had a different string but as soon as I removed and reconnected, it worked instantly. Truly hope it helps others out too...

Daniel Burns
www.facebook.com/aligntech

dansquared

Reaction score
Hey there,

just been trawling the net like everyone else as I too hit this same issue. I've found a solution that worked for me and have taken the time to register on this forum just to post a solution in the hope it helps... it applied to a Canon powershot camera!... but worked just as well, even if the registry setting didn't match up exactly.

Solution here: SOLVED:Windows Mobile-based device and Canon Powershot cameras showing code 19 and MTP USB Device failed.

Basically, delete the reg setting it asks for (if you have it - I guess if you don't you won't have the same issue).

It is suggested to have a look at the following registry. Make a backup of it and remove the Upperfilters setting:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{EEC5AD98-8080-425F-922A-DABF3DE3F69A}
“Upperfilters” = klfltdrv

I had the Upperfilters setting, it had a different string but as soon as I removed and reconnected, it worked instantly. Truly hope it helps others out too...

Daniel Burns
www.facebook.com/aligntech

Sorry, I should add, I don't have Kaspersky either (using AVG) so it seems this fix has a wider reach that this camera and anti-virus.

relmers

Reaction score
I too had this issue on my desktop but not my laptop. On my desktop I had Samsung/Verizon Wireless software installed that seemed to be preventing the connection. I deleted all the Samsung/Verizon Wireless software and my phone now connects like an external drive. I can now view all the files on the SD card or the phone memory. Everytime I plug the phone in to the desktop, I do get a balloon pop up asking if I want to load the Samsung/Verizon Wireless software, so I decline and the phone still connects as I want it to.

roxfan25

Reaction score
What worked for me was just disconnecting the USB then going to 'Developer options', check USB debugging.. restart the phone and plug the USB back in. Both my folders showed up after that. I can now drag and drop things into my phone with no problems. I hope that helps!

I just bought my S3 yesterday from Verizon, and couldn't connect mine either. I did go to the Samsung web site and download the Samsung driver, but nothing happened when I connected the phone. Of all the other things I found to try, this "Developer Options" advice did the trick for me. I unplugged the phone, went into Settings into "Developer Options" and saw that the USB debugging box was actually checked. I unchecked it, restarted the phone and plugged it back in. It saw the phone, started the Windows 7 "updating drivers" dialog box pop up, and actually asked me if I wanted to go to Verizon's web site and download a Samsung driver installer. So I did that, followed the prompts, and everything works. Thanks for posting your solution, kyuuyu!