Can't change fonts with Absolute System or Allinone script

NickR

Reaction score
So like the title says, I can't change my fonts. I've kept Absolute System up to date through the market, and neither that or using the allinone script will change it. I've searched and couldn't find anything about others having this issue. I really need to change my font because whatever one it is on doesn't properly display all symbols and it is incredibly annoying. I've tried a handful of different fonts and it always come back after a reboot with the same old font. I also wanted to note that when rebooting, half the time or more, it will go into a boot loop, reloading the motorola M, but will go into the boot animation and start up fine after a couple times reloading the M. Other times it will boot like normal, but it just won't change the font.

Thanks for any help that can be provided. I'm just frustrated. I'm using Lithium Mod with the red glass theme btw.

OP
N

NickR

Reaction score
Thank you so much. That worked, and now I have my different font! Of note to others, I was using SPRecovery and it kept telling me that SDCARD:update.zip wasn't mounted and aborted installation. I flashed Clockwork Recovery and it did it first try. Hopefully Clockwork keeps working well for me and I will keep using it.

Thanks again JRummy for the help and quick response.

paisley

Reaction score
Thank you so much. That worked, and now I have my different font! Of note to others, I was using SPRecovery and it kept telling me that SDCARD:update.zip wasn't mounted and aborted installation. I flashed Clockwork Recovery and it did it first try. Hopefully Clockwork keeps working well for me and I will keep using it.

Thanks again JRummy for the help and quick response.

Re-posting this here to see if you can help me! LOL

I want to get the Droid 2, but am hesitant because of so many complaints about not being able to change the font size. I see where you can download various apps but I also see that when you do that, it often doesn't work or it does but then reverts back to the original font. Before I buy the Droid 2, I want to know that yes, you can change the font size for email, text, global, etc. and have it stay that way. Also, I use AOL, can I put an AOL icon on the "desktop" and not go through aol.com to retrieve it or have it all forwarded to gmail. For many reasons, I need to use AOL and don't want to use the forward feature. If anyone knows any of the answers to these questions, I would appreciate the info. Thanks!

audioscience

Reaction score
Jrummy! I'm recently installed CM6 (sorry, love LithMod but gots to try it) and I was wondering if this zip will work on CM6?

I'm just looking for some scripts, in particular I want to run the adblock one. That is in allinone isn't it?

Thanks.

aaronmcc11

Reaction score
I used absolute system (the one that came with lithium) to change the font.. it worked at first.. now its stuck on applegaramound and that **** it too small too read. I downloaded the lithium version from market and still same problem. Yes, i rebooted after installing font. The link for that allinone update is dead.. how do i fix this?