Cant backup in Rom manager, Ascend

purera

Reaction score
first off, new here, so hello.

second, i apologize if this is the wrong subforum, there were plenty that seemed to invite this problem.

i have a rooted Cricket Huawei Ascend, downloaded rom manager as well as successfully flashing ClockworkMod Recovery. My problem is that when I select "Backup Current ROM", it prompts for a name (i just let it name it with todays date) and my phone reboots.. thats it.. it reboots and there is nothing in "Manage and Restore Backups", almost as if I had just turned the phone off and on. Whats the deal? ):

Ampt808

Reaction score
Install Droid X Boostrapper, then install ROM manager, then open ROM manager and hit flash ClockworkMod Recovery, then open Droid X Bootstrapper and hit bootstrap recovery (you should see Success!), then hit reboot recovery. This will take you into clockwork and this is also how you need to make all of your backups (and restores) with the DX. ROM manager is spotty at best on the DX for rebooting to recovery. I used to try and use it to make all my backups (and restores), but most of the time it would just reboot my phone. I only use ROM manager to rename my backups these days.

No need for the premium ROM manager, but Droid X Bootstrapper is required, literally.

I'm not sure if this method will perform the same with your phone but you can give it a try. Another member responded to my same issue with the above instructions.

Good luck.

Last edited:
OP
P

purera

Reaction score
i'll give it a try when i have a few minutes with my phone. luckily for us droid users there's almost always more than one app to do the same thing.