cant add gmail account making me mad

magma_camel

Reaction score
ok so i installed UD 8 and made sure everthing was fine then i started customizing it a bit such as changed the theme installed a new kernel and some other stuff then i realized my google account isnt set up. i try to add it by going into settings > accounts and sync > add account however that does not list google account as an option. trying to do it from the gmail app leads to just a black screen. what is the issue here. it sounds to me like a package isnt installed or something. but which would it be. and why would it just dissapear like this. this is a serious problem and i cannot use this rom if i cannot add my google account

why didnt you st it up on your initial startup anyway?
so when you go to add account what options do you have?
and how did you install?
and im hoping that since youve posted this youve already wiped and reinstalled.

it was set up before install and after initial install it was still set up i lost it somewhere else along the way. afterword i cleard the cache and still nothing. i installed threw rom manager

also i have twitter, facebook, and exchange

Did you wipe when you installed the rom?

Try a factory reset. You will lose all your data, but you will get an option to sign into your gmail account right away when the phone reboots.

tried that and what happens is that my phone just FCs and is unresponsive after a factory reset thanks for the help but i was able to just reinstall the rom and its working now

Back