Cannot root from verizon images?

designate72

Reaction score
To begin with, my life was once happy. I had a rooted droid running the sapphire rom. Then I had to bring it in to the verizon store for a warranty inquiry. Obviously, I wished to be running the verizon images when i went there, so i used rom manager to install the latest stock image without root. Long story short, they did not replace my droid because they could not replicate the problem (as always) although it still existed in either rom. My question now is, I reverted the droid to stock with no root, and installed the ota update. Oddly enough, the superuser permissions icon remained in my launcher. Despite that, Rom manager and Setcpu were unable to run privileged commands. I attempted to run universal androot and easy root, but both said i was all ready rooted, and even when i attempted to root again gave me errors.

My question is, is there a manual method, using a computer, to root the latest stock image, or at least do a complete reset of my phone? ( i all ready tried factory data reset) I originally rooted my 2.1 droid using rds lite, if i remember correctly. Any idea how i can replace this seemingly broken rom? :angry:
Thanks

EDIT: I apologize for posting without searching completely. After posting i found this guide: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html which i will attempt.

Last edited:

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Excellent catch. That method works wonders.