"Stock Images" in Rom Manager

Stacy A

Reaction score
Okay, I don't know exactly how to explain my problem but I will give it a shot. I went from running Bugless V0.4 to the "Stock Images" Verizon Droid 2.2 FRG01B last night. Immediately after installing it and rebooting I got the update message and allowed that to take place. I then immediately got about 6 market updates and replacements and then got a message that Flash 10.1 was available in the market.

Okay, everything good so far... Rom Manager then gives me a message that the ROM I am using does not support OTA updates. The developer of this ROM needs to make the appropriate changes so their rom supports updates. Please contact the ROM developer. PLEASE DO NOT contact ROM Manager. THIS IS NOT A ROM MANAGER BUG.

Then I noticed that my baseband was still at C_01.3E.03P, so I went back to Stock Images and downloaded the C_01.41.00R baseband in order to get the C_01.43.01P baseband, but I got a message saying "An error occured while attempting to run privelaged commands."

My question is how can I get the latest baseband? What's up with the "FRG01B" Rom? Who is the developer so that I can contact them?

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You might have got some problems when you accepted the OTA. Can you boot into recovery (power up while holding X)?

What is the end result you want? Unrooted Stock 2.2?

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
By accepting the OTA update, your phone is now at FRG22D and you have lost root. That is why you cannot run priveledged commands. I am surprised though that your baseband wasn't updated, perhaps when you did FRG01b you did the rooted one? I don't know, but the easiest way is to re-root your phone and then use ROM Manager to update your baseband. The easiest way to root is in my sig "Root any A855".

good luck

OP
S

Stacy A

Reaction score
I guess you guys are right. I can't boot into recovery. When holding "x" while powering up, the phone displays a triangle with an exclamation point in it and an droid phone icon and you can't do anything except pull the battery to reboot the phone. That's fine, I didn't really get that much out of having my phone rooted anyway. I just really don't have an understanding of what benefits I get from rooting - other than getting a kernal to overclock the cpu.

I don't mind that I'm not rooted, but want to know how to get the new baseband. It just won't update the baseband. What can I do? Call big red? Or will I have to root again, update baseband, then unroot again?

ceh4bama

Reaction score
ok my buddy is having a similar problem except i cannot get to settings in his droid ...he is trying to go back to stock but the little super user icon is still there. he accpted the update after going to stock images. this is a big deal bc he wants to go back stock bc his touch screen is messed up so big red told him they would replace it under factory warranty but cant be rooted. problem is super user guy is there in app drawer...also phone apllication is gone cant call out... what to do????

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
<snip> but the easiest way is to re-root your phone and then use ROM Manager to update your baseband. The easiest way to root is in my sig "Root any A855".

good luck

<snip>but want to know how to get the new baseband. <snip>Or will I have to root again, update baseband, then unroot again?

Yes. As I doubt the 'hacked' baseband only update.zip files will pass the sig check in the stock recovery.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
ok my buddy is having a similar problem except i cannot get to settings in his droid ...he is trying to go back to stock but the little super user icon is still there. he accpted the update after going to stock images. this is a big deal bc he wants to go back stock bc his touch screen is messed up so big red told him they would replace it under factory warranty but cant be rooted. problem is super user guy is there in app drawer...also phone apllication is gone cant call out... what to do????

Phone app not working is bad thing. I will speculate that perhaps if you can boot into the stock recovery, then use adb shell to format the system partition and then apply the master FRG22D update file (while STILL in recovery and BEFORE rebooting the phone) it should remove the rest of the traces of rooting the phone. The kicker is whether or not the stock recovery will allow such a command to be run since root is lost.

good luck

Last edited: