Unable to flash rom or sbf to flash back to unrooted

loveisdead30

Reaction score
Ok so I have done it yet again =)

I was rooted with SPrecovery and using UD as my rom and after talking to a coworker who loves rom manager and cyanogen I decided to give it a try. I then downloaded rom manager from market and flashed it over my sp recovery, picked cyanogen and flashed it. I wasn't really impressed with the rom so decided well its about time to go back to stock anyways. I picked the option in rom manager for stock rom/unrooted/rooted options. I picked this and did not pick the 2.2 SU thinking this would mean I would not be rooted. After the rom loaded, well i was still rooted just with the ninja icon NOT the android skull and bones icon /sigh. So now when I try to flash anything from rom manager I get a error message from rom manager saying only..error..when I try to load a update.zip back to stock onto sd card and reboot into cw for manual, it tells me aborted or failed verification (for rzr). So in rom manager I try and flash back to SPrecovery, same error as before. I have also tried to flash over an older cw and reboot then load the newest, still same error message. So at this point, I can't flash any sbf because I get an error failed .ini file message and I can't flash over update.zip method files...

any ideas?

ps at this time, I am using rsdlite 4.5 since all the links on the site are dead to 4.6 version.

OP
L

loveisdead30

Reaction score
yeah, this is my 2nd time to mess with rom manager and it messing up stuff, this is seriously my last time EVER lol. As for Cyanogen, it wasn't that it was bad but I just didn't like the options or the look it gave. Nice, I didn't see a black stock look.

Thank you for the link, I have rsdlite 4.6 installed now and the drivers..I have windows 7 64bit, with the 64bit drivers, I run rsd then turn phone off, press and hold up on d-pad and turn phone on. I now see bootloader 2c.7c battery ok, OK to program, Transfer Mode: USB but nothing is showing in RSD, click config, deviceID then verify its on first come first serve, click show device, nothing is showing in rsd now =/. I have uninstalled both rsdlite and the moto drivers, reinstalled them both rsd then drivers, uninstalled everything and then moto drivers then rsd, both ways = same thing, phone is not showing up rsd.

OP
L

loveisdead30

Reaction score
The error I get when I try to do anything in rom manager is "An error occured while attemping to run privileged commands! 1 thing I have noticed is that once I picked the Verizon stock image and flashed it (the only thing btw that doesn't give that error) it flashes over stock look with old SU and no busybox, so it removes busybox. Hope that helps a little

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Do you have the SU app? If so, get in there and tell it that ROM Manager has SU permissions. :)

If not, well, we're getting to where we have no choice in what we can do. Have you tried RSD Lite 4.8 or 4.9? SOMETIMES those work better with Windows 7 than 4.6. Stress on SOMETIMES. :)

OP
L

loveisdead30

Reaction score
No I have not, and as of now, I am back at the android click for activation but no 3g active at all, so I can't activate my phone. I am booting my other laptop to and install moto drivers and rsd and see if that works. Last time I had this problem and had no 3g I had to take phone back to Verizon and have them send me a refurb. BUT I was able to flash back to stock on it, which I can't do on this 1

OP
L

loveisdead30

Reaction score
I thought the google account activation on the phone was over 3g, that's why when you have no 3g, you can't activate the google account on the phone....

doomer4life

Reaction score
For me when I would sbf first I had to activate the phone not my google account but even then if you make it try to connect it'll give you the option of using the wifi

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
For me when I would sbf first I had to activate the phone not my google account but even then if you make it try to connect it'll give you the option of using the wifi
+1 ^^^ this.

Also, try the laptop. If that doesn't work after you totally uninstall the drivers and RSD Lite on your other box, reboot the computer, run a good reg cleaner (ccleaner), reboot, reinstall drivers and RSD, reboot, the plug your phone in normally and let the regular drivers install. Then boot your phone into bootloader and fire up RSD and let the flash interface drivers install. Or find a winXP box.

And the only thing wrong with rom manager is the people using it. I have NEVER EVER EVER had a problem with it in the whole time I have used it, and that is since it came out.

good luck

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I thought the google account activation on the phone was over 3g, that's why when you have no 3g, you can't activate the google account on the phone....
The phone's activation is voice -- the Google activation is data. I draw a difference between the two; I apologize for any confusion.